For those of you who missed yesterdays Webinar...

ADS

christineka

Britax says their D-ring connector straps are not to be used with any seats other than those made by Britax. Soon, the straps will have the britax logo on the tag. I don't think I'd heard that before.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Well, actually what they said is that they don't "support" using their D-ring with any other seats.

Obviously they're not going to support their accessory with someone else's car seat. That would require actually crash testing other people's car seats with their D-rings. I would never expect them to say it was OK.

I also tend tether whatever tetherable seat I have to whatever D-ring I happen to have installed for that position. I don't move my D-rings when I rotate seats around. It doesn't bother me a bit that Britax doesn't "support" it.

christineka

I also tend tether whatever tetherable seat I have to whatever D-ring I happen to have installed for that position. I don't move my D-rings when I rotate seats around. It doesn't bother me a bit that Britax doesn't "support" it.

I do the same and it doesn't bother me a bit either, but best practice is to use only the D-ring strap that came with the seat.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have 2 D rings set up and tether to whatever. In my tech kit, I have Britax rings.

Pixels

Well, actually what they said is that they don't "support" using their D-ring with any other seats.

Obviously they're not going to support their accessory with someone else's car seat. That would require actually crash testing other people's car seats with their D-rings. I would never expect them to say it was OK.

They support using other of their accessories with other car seats. Why would the D-ring be any different in that regard?

soygurl

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean, what accessories do they support using with other car seats? On their website, all the accessories have a list of Britax seats they are compatable with, and they are listed as being crash tested with Britax seats, but I didn't see anything saying that Britax supported using them with other seats. Have you heard otherwise?

ETA: Except, of course, their car seat bag, travel cart, kick mat, and window shade. However, since none of those come into contact with a car seat while it is installed in a vehicle, I hardly think those would fall under the same category as a D-ring! :rolleyes:

hrice

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean, what accessories do they support using with other car seats? On their website, all the accessories have a list of Britax seats they are compatable with, and they are listed as being crash tested with Britax seats, but I didn't see anything saying that Britax supported using them with other seats.

I thought the same. Those accessories are for Britax seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC