Kiddy USA Kiddy World Plus- opinions?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm not trying to be a douche, but there are already a bunch of threads. If you search, they will come up. ;) Was there something new and specific you wanted to discuss?? I think the newest info is that a member here was supposed to have one to review this month..but they have been pushing back the release date for so long, I'm not sure if that has happened yet

Here is a link to the official carseatblog review and information about it. :)

http://carseatblog.com/9689/the-kid...ix-booster-preview-let-the-drooling-commence/

Syllieann

I think there is a little less excitement now that we know the height and weight limits for the shield. Essentially, any child small enough to use the shield could still be rf for less $. That means it's a $279 booster. I do enjoy that they put "shock absorber" in the belt guides :ROTFLMAO:

julia94115

I'm not trying to be a douche, but there are already a bunch of threads. If you search, they will come up. Was there something new and specific you wanted to discuss?? I think the newest info is that a member here was supposed to have one to review this month..but they have been pushing back the release date for so long, I'm not sure if that has happened yet

Um, yeah- spent approx 15 min searching and reading the threads and in that time frame all I came up with was the excitement regarding the release dates, etc, etc.
Is there a way that research results can come up with the most recent displayed first? If so, I haven't found a way to do it.

I did noticed that it is for sale at Wayfair- "leaves warehouse in 24-48 hours" so I assumed it was already out.

I was most curious about the shield part because from everything I had read here- shield's were determined to be "dangerous".

When I have a few more hours I'll search again. Thanks.

thekatie

julia94115 said:
was most curious about the shield part because from everything I had read here- shield's were determined to be "dangerous".

I've been feeling kind of silly for wondering this too. But since I wasn't going to get the seat, I didn't even attempt to search if anyone else had brought it up.

skitle1802

The way I understand the kiddy shield vs expired US shield convertibles was that the kiddy shield sits against a child like a harness, and in the expired shield convertibles, the shield was a hard object like a dash that the child slammed into.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Um, yeah- spent approx 15 min searching and reading the threads and in that time frame all I came up with was the excitement regarding the release dates, etc, etc.
Is there a way that research results can come up with the most recent displayed first? If so, I haven't found a way to do it.

I did noticed that it is for sale at Wayfair- "leaves warehouse in 24-48 hours" so I assumed it was already out.

I was most curious about the shield part because from everything I had read here- shield's were determined to be "dangerous".

When I have a few more hours I'll search again. Thanks.

Are you using the Google Search or the Search function in the toolbar between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" when you search? The Search function will give you results in reverse chronological order, but the Google search function doesn't. :)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I really, really wanted one for DS. I still do, but with the 40lb limit, I'm afraid he'll outgrow the shield before he'll be old enough to booster "for real".

julia94115

Are you using the Google Search or the Search function in the toolbar between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" when you search? The Search function will give you results in reverse chronological order, but the Google search function doesn't.

:eek:
Oh man!! NO! I have been using the stupid Google search here for the past 4 years!!! It was so frustrating!
Dang- how embarrassing!!!
Thanks-- :eek:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
If I had a very petite older child who I didn't want to RF but wasn't anywhere near 40 lbs yet, I would probably get one. I could totally see putting a 30 lb 4 year old in one.

If I understand correctly how it's used, I don't think the "mature enough for a booster" thing is really necessary for it. It serves the same function as a harness-booster combo seat except it has a shield instead of a harness, and they say the shield is safer than a harness.

I'm not an "early adopter" by nature, though, so even if I had use for one (I don't) I wouldn't get it immediately. I prefer to let others use a new product for a while before I put my money into it. :p

skylinphoto

Brigala said:
If I had a very petite older child who I didn't want to RF but wasn't anywhere near 40 lbs yet, I would probably get one. I could totally see putting a 30 lb 4 year old in one.

If I understand correctly how it's used, I don't think the "mature enough for a booster" thing is really necessary for it. It serves the same function as a harness-booster combo seat except it has a shield instead of a harness, and they say the shield is safer than a harness.

I'm not an "early adopter" by nature, though, so even if I had use for one (I don't) I wouldn't get it immediately. I prefer to let others use a new product for a while before I put my money into it. :p

Yeah, its more like a "harness alternative" than a booster when used with the shield.

I have a petite kiddo who just turned ffing (4 years old 26-27lbs) so this makes perfect sense for my dd!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

lovemybabies924

Of course my son has been 35 lbs for a year and boom 39 in the past week :(

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

macmomma

If the shield had a 50lb limit I would buy one in a heart beat.... My ds2 is 37 lbs so I feel it would be a waste of money for him even though I could hand it down to my youngest down the road but she will be harnessed for a long time to come since she is so tiny:)

HaileysMommy

It's neat but I don't want to have to buckle DD in like that every single time I put her in the car. I'm short and I can't see myself reaching around that thing easily.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member

My problem is that DS is 30lbs at 3... going off his growth curve, if he plugs along like he is, he'll hit 40lbs at 5years3months... and may or may not be mature enough for the booster alone. And that's if he doesn't have a growth spurt early, and with lightweight clothes and shoes on.

If it went to 45lbs, I'd be ordering for DH's truck (because they never ride in it at the same time, and I can get away with 1 seat for the truck instead of 2). Dammit Kiddy! Rate it for 45lbs!

mamakc

50 or even 45lbs would maybe make it worth it. My dd is has been 40lbs for over a year, since she turned 4. Ds looks to be following her footsteps at 36lbs and just turned three. I would love the ease of moving two boosters between cars and buckling kids into them instead of installing two car seats and then buckling the kids, but a 40lb shield is not good enough for us.

Phineasmama

Yep. 40 lbs is no good here either. My DS *might* hit 40 lbs by the time he outgrows the radian RFing. I'd rather keep him RFing, and I would use it for 5yo DD if the shield had a higher weight limit but she's 42 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC