I feel guilty

mamakc

I read the britax snob thread, and I totally get it. My first britax was a roundabout and I loved it so much. Fast forward to today. I am feeling guilty about which seats I'm choosing to use regularly vs as back up. I have a cow frontier 85 and a flora xtsl sitting unused in my garage while instead I use two complete air's, a maestro, a tb, and a harmony dreamtime. I am, at this point, the opposite of a britax snob. Lol I hate having to use my higher end seats. They are heavy and bulky, difficult for me to move around and install (try as I might to find a permanent set up,i still find myself rearranging once or twice a week). I am 5'2 and I have a bad back and honestly that stupid radian specifically is just too darn heavy for me, while the frontier I can't hardly pick up to move because it is so massive. I don't want to "waste" them by having them in the garage so I thought maybe I should put them in dh's car, which never needs rearranged. But his car is parked at a park & ride all day every day (which seems like a perfect place for car prowlers to hang out) and I honestly worry about the possibility of someone stealing them lol am I crazy for thinking that?

Anyway..kind of just wondering if I'm alone in preferring an evenflo seat over a britax and a safety 1st over a skjp/diono?

Also sort of wondering if I should just sell the expensive ones and get another maestro as a back up.

ADS

Brianna

Granted I've never actually used a Britax in my car, but I have played with them in stores. My favorite seat so far is the EFT 65 :D

Keeanh

Nope. As much as I love my Radians, right now they're both in DH's car and only one has been used once since Christmas, LOL. Before I sold my Oxygen CA, the FR85 was sitting unused in the big van while 5yo used the CA FF because it was "pretty". LOL

So different reasons than you, but yes I've had $250 Britax & SKJP seats sitting unused.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I used to be the Britax poster child. Now I have one Parkway that expires in November. That's it. Use whatever seats make you happier. If they're just sitting, sell them. I have a Nautilus I'm not using. I keep meaning to donate it to a women's shelter.

Wendy

MommyShannon

Nope, I started that thread and I already thought that if DD2 gets carsick too much near the end of my pg, I will probably move the CA in since the Britax is heavier. Different times, different situations, call for different seats. Moving seats around that are painful to move around would make me choose others too.

Joyofbirth

I used to be a britax lover. But now my faborite seat ever is the True fit. I still like that britax seats are easier to install and I'll recommend a britax to someone who needs an an easy install to get it right. But to friends that I know can manage the true fit or that I can show how to do it, i recommend the TF hands-down. I've never felt much love for radians, but I also have not owned one, though I have played with them. I have a regent for huge-torsoed kiddos and I put off installing it as long as I possibly could. I hate moving that thing.

cpsaddict

I love my Britax seats, but the MA70 is going mostly unused right now in favor of my Safeseat. I moved DS into the Britax, ran errands for one day and put the Safeseat right back in. It just works better for where we are right now. I LOVE my Safeseat.

mamakc

Joyofbirth said:
I used to be a britax lover. But now my faborite seat ever is the True fit. I still like that britax seats are easier to install and I'll recommend a britax to someone who needs an an easy install to get it right. But to friends that I know can manage the true fit or that I can show how to do it, i recommend the TF hands-down. I've never felt much love for radians, but I also have not owned one, though I have played with them. I have a regent for huge-torsoed kiddos and I put off installing it as long as I possibly could. I hate moving that thing.

My sil just got a true fit for her car. I love it and want one so bad, but u really have no use for it.

Syllieann

DH and I joked about that before. I left a purse that I had just purchased in the car when we went inside somewhere. It was empty since I wasn't using it but I decided to stuff it under the seat so nobody was tempted to smash a window for an empty purse. DH said if they had any idea how much the car seats sell for they would take those instead. In general, I think the average thug probably isn't well versed in car seat resale value, no worries. ;)

mamakc

Syllieann said:
DH and I joked about that before. I left a purse that I had just purchased in the car when we went inside somewhere. It was empty since I wasn't using it but I decided to stuff it under the seat so nobody was tempted to smash a window for an empty purse. DH said if they had any idea how much the car seats sell for they would take those instead. In general, I think the average thug probably isn't well versed in car seat resale value, no worries. ;)

I'm not so worried about the average thug, actually. More about the broke single parent who can't afford a car seat who also uses the same park and ride and happened to park near dh.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC