Helped do the kit to the Regent today & it actually made me like Britax more

Synchro246

A friend of mine, who is an occasional visitor to the boards, has a regent. We did the kit together & I helped install it today. That was a fun learning experience since I've never tangled with the beast before. She did Latch w/ the long belt path and it really was much less confusing IRL than it had been in my head.

Anway, I know a lot of people have been irritated by Britax, wondering why such a reputable company would have this sort of recall, ahem, advisory :rolleyes:. I was thinking that yes, maybe their testing before wasn't as good as it could be that they ended up discovering the differences in installation variances large enough to warrant spending a crap load of money on an advisory.
However, I think that them continuing to test a product in ways that they may not have to, then them spending a crap load of money updating everyone on the differences they found (even if they do so in a vague way) is what makes them a reputable company. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think they try to do the best they can.
JMO

ADS

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I just got my kit in the mail the other day. Haven't tried to use it yet because I have a good seatbelt installation as is (according to new instructions).

As much of a PITB it is to have to deal with the kit and change installations, I do agree with you about Britax. As far as I've heard, they are saying that the seats still meet the federal standards the old way. So the fact that they are spending the $$ to "enhance" the performance of these seats makes me happy with them as a company.

However, I still wonder why they aren't reverting their production techniques and design of new Regents back to the old way, which worked with the old installation rules :scratcheshead:

Mama2J

I agree too about Britax, it is good they they are always trying to enhance their seats. I did the long LATCH on mine too, and have pictures but of course have not had the chance to download the camera yet!

What's funny to me is that I have re-installed this seat more times in the 5 months I've had it than I did the entire time we had the Evenflo seat (3 years).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC