Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Diono LATCH Housing Cracked And Seat Belt install incompatibility '03 Ford Winstar

So, I was uninstalling my Radian RXT to move it to the back bench seat in my 03' Ford Windstar for another tech (she wanted to see it installed back there with the Angle Adjuster), and I installed it with LATCH. Took a picture before the AA was put in. Unlatched the seat, and then for whatever reason looked at my LATCH clips, and the housing is stressed and cracked!!! What the hell!!! I'm upset! Although I think its just cosmetic, it makes me mad because this seat is 100% incompatible in the Captain seats using a seat belt, in both rear-facing and Forward-facing.
    Cordelia is normally rear-facing, but figured I'd install forward facing (with Safe Stop on) cause she's 3 and it be easier than dragging the other seat out of the basement, but the rigid buckle stalk wont go back far enough to get a decent install and causes the seat belt to be push to the front of the Forward-facing belt path (not cool), and I can't get the seat even close to tight rear-facing because the buckle stalk is to long. *sigh* I didn't even bother with the back seat because I was frustrated. (I know it would install back there in either direction, but I would really rather her close to me)

I have pictures of my LATCH clips. Anyone ever seen this before?? What about those that own the Ford Windstars any issues with Radians in the Captain chairs with seat belt installs??

So this is from the side with the adjuster
    its on both side of this clip

This is the other Clip
    Its only damaged on one side

Samantha - CRST
    ~* Mom To Joshua -16 years, Seat belt *~
    ~* Liam - 10 years, 55-60 Pounds, Graco booster (no back) *~
    ~* Cordelia Grace - 7 years, 41lbs, Diono Monterey *~

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads