Hi everyone!

Shanree

CPS Technician
I have lurked here for years and had many of my questions answered without ever having to post! I have learned more and more over the years and look back in horror at some of the decisions I made with my older kids regarding car seat safety! I finally decided to join here and continue to learn as well as help out other moms and dads since I became a CPST yesterday!!!! YAY! I had wanted to take the course for a long time and just didn't know how I would be able to... thankfully I found an instructor who was A-OK with 4 of my 8 kids coming along for the whole 3 days! They did great and so did I!
I want to introduce myself, so I will start with my many "labels," I am a:
Christian, Homeschooling, home-birthing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, baby wearing, non-vaxxing, non-circ'ing, right-wing Conservative, organic gardening, gun-toting, hippie Mama of EIGHT children ages 16, 9, 7, 6, 6, 6, 4, and 1! 5 of my children are in 5pt harness seats, 1 in hbb, and 2 in seat belts!
I have gained more and more knowledge over the years about proper car seat usage and really started my trek toward car seat extreme-ism when my 4 year old was born! He got a Radian 80 at 8 months old after lots of research! I began my quest of knowledge to add "car seat Nazi" to my list of things that makes me "weird" to all who know me :)

I hope to get to know all of you here, learn some more, and also teach others!

Thanks for reading!

BTW: I am under the same screen name on www.diaperswappers.com in case any of my fellow DS mamas are here!

ADS

Cath3114

Hi!

I'm guessing your 6yos are triplets?? Fun! Sounds like you have your hands full. Congrats on becoming a CPST! I hope to take the course sometime within a year.

Shanree

CPS Technician
Cath3114 said:
Hi!

I'm guessing your 6yos are triplets?? Fun! Sounds like you have your hands full. Congrats on becoming a CPST! I hope to take the course sometime within a year.

Yes, they are triplets (b, b, g) :)

Shanree

CPS Technician
Welcome. Out of curiosity, what vehicle(s) do you drive?

I have a 1994 Ford Clubwagon (ancient I know :eek: ) and a 2000 Ford Windstar (for trips with only a few of the kids)

In the clubwagon the 1 year old (14 months to be exact) is in a RF Myride 65, the 4 yr old in a Nautilus, the 6 year olds are all in Safety1st Guide 65 Sports, the 7 year old is in an evenflo HBB, and the 9 & 16 year old in seat belts.

In the Windstar I have a Radian 80 (depending on who is with me depends on who sits in it!) a Combi Shuttle 33 infant seat that I just use only in that van for the 1 year old until he outgrows it, and two HBB's) If any of the triplets are with me on trips in this van 2 of them sit in HBB's. Rachel (the girl of the triplets) is a lot more petite than the boys and can use the same harness settings as my 4 year old for the Radian, so she sits in it if she is with me and Aiden (4 yr old) is not.

Pingbns

Hi there I also lurk most of the time as I feel I have nothing to add to the conversation :eek: But I must say with all the things that are talked about here you are in good company. They have alot of your same interest here.

tinytreasures

Hi :happy-wavehello:
I am mostly a lurker and agree I have learned so much on this board.
I was a 8 kids for 4 months. Now I am down to 7 and soon to be back to my core 5 kids. We do foster care ;) We hope to stay in the 6-10 kid range, depending on when that phone rings.
It is nice to see other big families. I have not been on DS in yrs but have the same name on there as here.

Shanree

CPS Technician
Keeanh said:
Hi!! Welcome!!

I don't carry a gun, but your description would otherwise fit me ;). We're expecting baby #8. I have a 2006 15-p Chevy Express, and an 8-p GMC Safari. If you want to put headrests in the big van, I might be able to help you. I had headrests put in my Express. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=199245

Awesome... I would love to put headrests in my van!

Shanna (via Android app)

Keeanh

Awesome... I would love to put headrests in my van!

Shanna (via Android app)

Do you know anyone who is an experienced welder?

Can you get some used van bench seats with headrests? I prefer Caravan/Voyager/T&C 3rd row, but I think most seats could work. You just have to be able to cut the metal pipes that the headrest goes in off of the seat frame, so the less complicated, the better. The Caravan 3rd row ones are just one weld joint between 2 straight pipes. Most others (including Caravan 2nd row) have one piece indented into the other, or 2+ joints.

If you like, I can go back & edit my post with even better instructions now that I've done another couple benches.

SignCuer

Welcome!!! :) Nice description of you :) Sounds like me but I don't have kids yet but same beliefs as you!!! Congrats on being a CPST!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC