Well I'd planned on RF to 4

agave

2 days before N turned 3 I was rear ended after 3 weeks of riding RF in her sisters new Roundabout I bought her a Frontier. I found I wasn't ready to turn her, then I got a killer deal on an XTSL and turned her back around. In October I think I got sick of not having any space and put her back in the Frontier for about a month, then in November I got a minivan and an angle adjuster. She protested a little but was OK with it. She occasionally asked to face the other way, she was ok when I told her she could turn when she was 4. Then I got a clearance Maestro to put in my mom's van, I installed it in mine just for convenient storage until I could get it to my parents house. N jumped right in it and rode in it all but 1 or 2 rides during the month it took me to get it to my parent's house. Monday it was finally relocated, she was OK with that and jumped right in her RF "flower seat". Yesterday I moved it back into the 2nd row RF next to her sister and she said she wanted it the other way. I'd let her ride FF for the last month including a 900 mile trip so her sister could see her. So I turned it around, she's not 4 but I think I'm finally OK with it.

I had planned on handing the XTSL down to E but she has no interest all in changing seats at the moment or even covers on her current seat unless it's blue.

I do like not having 2 RF radians blocking my access to the 3rd row, I don't need back there often but it's a lot easier to get around a FF seat.

ADS

mommyfrog

I had planned on rf to 4 too. After months of dealing with the little booger kicking his brother, not wanting to rf anymore, and a few rides ff in a friends car.....I quickly buckled his seat in ff from the friends car to mine because I was in a hurry and never turned it back. When I weighed him a few day later, he was 40.2 pounds. His Radian goes to 40lbs rf, so I have no choice now anyway. We did good!!

agave

She has plenty of growing room but she was just done. It did make the decision a little easier when I put her in a MyRide in the store and noticed she really had outgrown it, she was close when hers was crashed. I think it would have been easier to keep her RF if everyone else got it, she's starting to notice other kids her age don't ride backwards.

She's already asking about boosters, from what I've seen at mother's day out at least half the kids her age are already in boosters, I think she'll be ok waiting until Kindergarten on that one but my 2 yr old is already trying to buckle up in just the seat belt. Every time I pass through the car seat isle in Target they try out every backless booster they can get their hands on.

all together ooky

You did well. We have only about 2 weeks to go until Eleanor turns 4. She's near the height limit and she's 40lbs so I'm ready to turn her then. That was my goal. :)

agave

My original plan was to turn her either when she outgrew her Alpha Omega or her sister outgrew the infant seat so about 2 1/2 probably sooner. Thanks to all the people who saw targets on my car and the extra reading I did every time I had to replace crashed seats I extended that by over a year. :

Chely7425

We were hoping to get to 4 too... we got to 3 years 10 months so good enough in my book!! You did good keeping her RFing as long as you did!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC