excape artist ideas

Kegracin

Help me give my sister some ideas her DD is sliding the chest clip down and getting out of the seat. I guess by the time my mom could get pulled over she was standing up in the seat.

K is in a Classic Marathon RF in my moms car and is 17ish months old long and skinny. My sister has Truefits for her own vehicles she apparently can get out of them but not as fast and my older DN shes 7 (spots it and gets her to stop.)

I already taught her the coat trick but now that its warmer shes not in a coat. What was the toilet paper thing or was that for something else? I read threw a bunch of old threads but I'm not finding anything I'm thinking would work for a child her age. I don't feel like she would care if the car was pulled over, and shes not really old enough to reason with.

So does any one have ideas for my sister.

ADS

Brianna

Use toilet paper rolls or cut paper towel rolls to length based on how much room you need between the crotch buckle and chest clip. If the child will rip the paper towel roll, reinforce with duct tape.

Baylor

Maybe a little zip vest, cut the arms off a sweatshirt? Just to keep them covered up even in warm weather? My son used to have one that had a little snap at the top. That may help too and something she can do to keep her hands busy?

YinzerMama

I never found the neck/harness pads on the seats to be useful for us - what if you put on of those over the clip? The kid might just sqish inside to open it but it MIGHT work?

ninejr

Does she have the HUGS on in the Marathon? if not that would make it harder for her to slide down the chest clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kegracin

Does she have the HUGS on in the Marathon? if not that would make it harder for her to slide down the chest clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Hugs are in place, I called my mom to ask. Gave her the suggestion of cutting the sleeves off the shirt and explained Brianna's suggestion. I'm not sure which route they will go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC