One strap longer than the other

kirst

When I tighten the straps on the radian it alwaus leaves the left strap a little looser than the right one. Why is this can one side really be longer than the other? its not a ton looser but enough that I dont think its tight enough on that side then to get it tight its too tight on the other side.

ADS

Pixels

Check that the straps are routed properly on both sides. At the hips, there are two slits in the cover. They should be coming through the outer slits. If that's fine, buckle the seat empty and pull the harness all the way tight and see if it's still uneven. If it's even with no kid, then your child is probably not centered in the seat. I often have to move my child's hips over to even out the harness.

YinzerMama

I have had this happen with my graco bucket and it always means I need to shift the kid. I'm not familiar with this seat but if it is FF is there the same chance with this seat as others you could accidentally route the seat belt such that the harness adjuster is interfered with? Or could the adjuster be twisted? If this makes no sense for this seat, disregard, but it it's possible, check those things out.

AtTheSouthDam

Are the straps the newer removable ones? If so, take them off and check.

I had the same problem with my RN and did that. One was a smidge longer but it turned out the biggest difference in length was the fact one was had gotten something spilled on it with made it stiffer than the other. It was right along the hip area so the seat kept it covered. I cleaned it up (wet wash cloth, not soaked) and it was good again.

kirst

Thanks for the advice I will check it out during nap.

Idk if they are removable or not.....its the sk model just before diono came out.

kirst

Ok so its even without my kid but I need to move the harness to the outer slots. I put them in the inner ones because they would be closer to my dd. Why are there two slots if you cant use inner ones? I will try to center her next time were in the car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC