Votes: 4 3.4%
  • FR or GN as booster/Other HBB

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • LBB

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lemonade

What is your six year old riding in? Poll coming soon.

Allows for multiple choices in cases of multiple cars.

ADS

rxmommy

Oops, I voted wrong, I didn't count the other booster she rides.

She will be 6 in 8 days....rides in a Livia PWSGL in my van and a HBTB in daddy's truck. A Literider for friend's cars (pretty seldom). She still fits in our GN harnessed but she hasn't ridden in that in a long time. She's a very very good booster rider.

momtoo3

Ds2 is 6.5. He is in a Vivo in my van, a Monterey in dh's car, a PWSG in our truck, a Compass B540 in FIL's car, a Turbo in my mom's car and a Big Kid nbb for occasional carpooling.

NVMBR02

Ds is almost 6.5. He has a frontier85 that he uses in my car, though we are trying him in a OS Parkway right now. He sits well but has a hard time buckling the booster (3 across) so we are giving him another week or so to see if it works out. He primary rides in a Monterey in DH's car, though we also have a HB turbobooster he uses. I just picked up a harmony literider for him this last week. He hasn't used it yet, but I was thinking it would be nice to have as a backup this summer since our turbo expires this year.

christineka

I won't vote because I don't have a 6 year old. My dd just turned 7, though and she rides in a ffing radian. When she was 6 she rode in the radian and a ffing marathon.

luckyclov

At 6, DS1 was riding in a Monterey (HBB) in my car and an old-style PW in DH's.

DD was riding in a FR85 (harnessed) in my car and a Monterey (HBB) in DH's.

Phineasmama

I'm not gonna vote because DD1 is only 5, but she's riding in the Prosport (harnessed) with plenty of room to grow. I HIGHLY doubt she will outgrow it before she turns 6. And in our secondary vehicle she's using an Oobr, she only rides in it twice a week for about 4 miles. I wouldn't feel comfortable with her in a booster full time yet because she leans over and gets out of position sometimes.

SignCuer

Nanny kids here...

All ride in a Frontier85 harnessed, 1 ride in Graco TB, and one is RFing in my RN80SL.. :D

VoodooChile

Dd is 6.5 and rides in an Oobr in my vehicle, which is her primary ride. In dh's vehicle, she's boostered in a FR80, but we're going to pass that seat down to my nephew, so we'll be looking for a new secondary booster for her.,

aeormsby

PWSGL & Vivo here. Not sure if we'll put the FR back in for her when we do a road trip this spring. DH said she sleeps well in the Vivo (I haven't been with when she's fallen asleep).

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I voted for my 7 and 5 year olds. One is in a Frontier and the other is in a Nautilus, both harnessed.

Lemonade

Thanks.

I'm starting to feel bad about having DS still harnessed. He doesn't seem to mind and he's tiny (35# and 44") and slightly wiggly. I wonder if I really need to work on training him or just leave well-enough alone for now. I keep waiting for a growth spurt and I had said after the winter... Plus I want to try him in boosters that I don't own or have easy access to without buying them:)

I own 2 SGLs and a Cybex. SGL doesn't retract in DH's car (huge issue because DH tends not to pay attention to these sorts of things) but he fits well in it. Cybex fit I just wasn't big on. However, the cybex fit my 3 yr old well:eek:
I want to try a turbo and a monterey.

Baylor

My son rode part time GN booster and part time harness that last year. He was boostering by 7.

Do you like the sgl? Thinking of getting one for dhs car.

auto correct hates me

zactayaus

My middle two were harnessed till they were 7 1/2yo. That is when they both hit 40lbs and that was my goal for moving to a booster. Now I did let them both use high back TB's when they needed to go in others cars once the turned 6yo (I believe they were both around 36lbs then).

christineka

At 6 years old and 30 something pounds, I would absolutely use the harnessed seat. I'd only use the booster for other vehicles.

canadiangie

My oldest will be 6 in about three months, and is 41.8lbs as of last week. She rides in a harnessed frontier or FF radian, and will for a while yet. :)

Meg

My oldest is 5.5 years old, but he'll be riding in the same seats when he turns 6.. he's in a Radian 80SL in my car, a harnessed FR 80 in Dad's car, a Vivo in one Grandma's car, and a Complete Air in the other Grandma's car.

I had the Vivo in my car for a month or two, so that he could get used to it before I allowed him to use it in his Grandma's car or a friend's car. He did great in it, so I don't have any problems with him boostering. I found the booster to be such a pain in the butt though- having to reach around him to belt him in and then having to feed it through the narrow lap belt slot. I'm much happier harnessing him again in my car because it's easier for both of us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC