Should I get a Regent?

Dragonflymama

DD has less than an inch in her MA. We have Radian65 as well (lots of room left in that seat). She loves her MA adn I'll keep her in it as long as we can, but for some reason, the way the MA installs in my Escape, she doesn't have much room left in it.

So, I am starting to think about what to get to replace the MA. We like our Radian a lot, it is perfect for DHs rear bench in his truck and wonderful for air travel. But i dont think I want to buy a second Radian. Maybe a SafeGuard childseat? Most likely a Regent. Before all the recent installation advisory changes for the Regent came out, I was pretty sure that a Regent would be our next (DDs last) harnessed seat. But now I am not sure. I am currrently planning to buy a Taurus X next spring (if I love it as much as I plan to...:whistle:) but we will be keeping my Escape as well (DSS is getting his learning permit :eek:) In the end, what ever I choose now may change once I try to install it in the Taurus X. But that will not stop me from beginning the selection process now. never too soon to think about car seats, eh? LOL.

So, now I am torn. If you were buying a harnessed seat for a soon-to-be 5 year old (as DD will be next spring when I anticipate her out-growing her MA), over 40" and probably around 40 pounds (projecting ahead from todays stats), what would you consider?? Anything besides the Regent or SafeGuard? I've ruled out the Apex (dont like it) and the new Recaros (because the base makes it look too much liek a little-kids seat and I want her to be happy in it to the limits of the seat as the next step is down to a HBB). This will be her last harnessed seat. I'd like a girly print to compete with the peer pressure of all the pink and flowery boosters out there.:mad:
Her stats are in my siggy below. Postign here becasue I am looking for opinions and preferences more than just pure safety information. Tell me what you would buy if you were me.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I would go for the Regent -- it should install well (but maybe not necessarily so easily, LOL) in both the Escape & Taurus using either required method :)

If you can afford the Safeguard Childseat, though, well, then I'd let kiddo make the decision.... Kids generally stay harnessed longer in the Regent & it has some more fun cover options, but Leila was bummed I couldn't get her the Childseat once she tried it out at Lifesavers :rolleyes:

mom2riley

I would go for the Regent -- it should install well (but maybe not necessarily so easily, LOL) in both the Escape & Taurus using either required method :)

If you can afford the Safeguard Childseat, though, well, then I'd let kiddo make the decision.... Kids generally stay harnessed longer in the Regent & it has some more fun cover options, but Leila was bummed I couldn't get her the Childseat once she tried it out at Lifesavers :rolleyes:

I don't want to hijack, but I was just curious if you have done the new install in an escape. :cool:

Morganthe

Well, you could always go the path I did and cold-call companies to see if they have a Madison DOM prior to 18 June :p It would give you the option of the old ways to install.

It was before Britax relented on their new 'enhancements', so perhaps other than TRU, those that have those earlier DOM might not have changed anything.

I wonder how many of us have a Regent/Radian pair combo :cool:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I really adore my daughter's Husky, and if we got in a wreck and had to replace it, I'd buy a Regent, new installation requirements and all. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC