In Search Of Recaro ProSport

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Are you still in search? I'm thinking of parting with one of my Hannah's and getting DD2 a PWSG. DOM of 2/22/11 and 3/??/11. Both are in excellent condition.

HaileysMommy

I have a NIB one in Blue Opal, but shipping usually kills these deals. I think someone posted about it costing about $60 to ship her ProSport.

No way!! I have shipped a Radian for anywhere from $19-$30 depending on where it goes. Does it weigh a lot more than the Radian? Radian sits around 29-30lbs in a box. PM me and we can talk :)

jess71903

Ambassador
If you can figure out how to cut the PS box down by a couple of inches total, it would be a lot cheaper. It's the box size that does the PS in.

AtTheSouthDam

Well, I no longer have the box (well, I do, but it's brightly colored and has doors and windows now.) but can fit it another. It got the shipping down to $55 through UPS and only $25 parcel post.

Phineasmama

AtTheSouthDam said:
Did you use the original box? I'm just curious if the USPS estimate is really that far off. The dimensions I have are: 26"x17"x20". Even if I add and 1" in each direction it still quotes at $25.

Yes it was in the original box. You'd better take it in for a quote because no way is it going to be $25!

Spam

I shipped one in a blvd70 box for $25 MI to NE (i think). The box has to equal 108" combined length+girth.

HaileysMommy

AtTheSouthDam said:
Did you use the original box? I'm just curious if the USPS estimate is really that far off. The dimensions I have are: 26"x17"x20". Even if I add and 1" in each direction it still quotes at $25.

That's 100" you will be fine.

Flame me not but I have fudged the inches and shipped boxes that came in a little over 108 and they have made it to their destination fine :) I Even shipped a MyRide ;-)

Cryssy Jane

HaileysMommy said:
That's 100" you will be fine.

Flame me not but I have fudged the inches and shipped boxes that came in a little over 108 and they have made it to their destination fine :) I Even shipped a MyRide ;-)

My po actually measures on the spot for any large packages even if you've already prepaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

HaileysMommy

My po actually measures on the spot for any large packages even if you've already prepaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

My PO is super laid back. I shipped something that was 110"..wasn't a car seat, can't remember what though, and the lady asked if it was small enough because it looked like it was pushing it. I told her it just made it..she never measured lol It really sucks that there aren't more reasonable shipping options out there. But it was either UPS or FedEx that was like $30something to ship this to me from another mama which wasn't TOO bad IMO.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC