Does anyone other than Britax have the nice 'latches'?

apr67

We have several car seats knocking about, and one of my biggest gripes is that most of them use steel hook with a spring to keep them from popping off.

In many cars it is very difficult to put this type of latch on (as the anchor is deep in the seat), and if its difficult to put on its usually impossible to remove.

But our Britax Roundabout has Latches that work just like a seat belt, just push them onto the anchor until they click.

Do any of the other vendors have something similar? I remember being totally exhausted trying to fit the Screna in a rental car one night.

ADS

jn__

The radian is the only one I know, but I had to laugh because I put the scenera in my husband's new car with latch, and I actually prefer those hooks for putting it IN.. but he took the seats out for some reason and it took him a half hour to get them out.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Radian, the Maxi-Cosi-Priori, the Safeguard seats, and the Britaxes are the only seats I know of that have the "nice" LATCH connectors.

lynsgirl

I could be wrong, but I *think* the Key Fit has them, as well, and possibly the Flex Loc (don't remember about the Flex Loc, but I know the rigid connectors on the LatchLoc were that style). I want to say that the Peg Perego and Combi infant seats have them, too, but I'm not remembering very well right now :p.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You are right. :)

Here is the Chicco KeyFit:
product_image.php

Here is the Baby Trend EZ Loc:
6300s_web_01_s_s.jpg

Here is the Baby Trend Flex LOC
6352_01_s_s.jpg

This definitely is not the best photo of the LATCH hooks on the Peg Perego PRimo Viaggio, but it will have to do for now. :)
31NZPZTGAAL._SS500_.jpg

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The radian is the only one I know, but I had to laugh because I put the scenera in my husband's new car with latch, and I actually prefer those hooks for putting it IN.. but he took the seats out for some reason and it took him a half hour to get them out.

The trick with these ones is to push it further back into the seat cushion, compress the metal (to open it) and turn it sideways while pulling out... usually makes it pretty easy to remove this way.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
yes, recaro has them also. i *think* all of the seats mentioned so far use the same LATCH connectors, made by IMMI. i know for a fact that britax, recaro, and safeguard (daughter company of IMMI) all use the same connectors (as well buckles, and chest clips, and some harnesses).

:yeahthat:

I think you are right. I *think* the only seat mentioned so far that does not use the IMMI latches is the Flex-LOC.

BudgieStew

All my current seats have the nice latch hooks.

Not just the nicer/more pricey seats either. Even my Touriva(DOM late 2004) and Eddie Bauer 3-1(DOM early 2004).

I am trying to think what kind of hook our Evenflo Portabout had, possible the other style...off to find pictures.

Yup. Found a picture I believe the DOM was late 2003. Gee that seems soo long ago now.

Photo023.jpg

Yoshi

I was thinking the newer 50# limit evenflos had the nicer latch conectors tooo???
Mine doesn't, but the manual shows both types, with the statement basically saying "you may have this kind...or this kind" We got the crappy ones.:( But we use the seatbelt anyway, as DH's Camry is pre-LATCH.

mommycat

Ok, I must be really strange then. Now that I know for sure which ones you all consider the "nice" latches, I can honestly say I HATED using these on my new seats, in more than one vehicle. I actually find the metal/spring type a lot better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC