RXT 3rd Slot and headwings

koda&phiasmama

We moved DD to her RXT at 10 months her time in the chaperone was miserable!!! Idk what her issues with it were headwings idk! But now I'm panicking that she is going to despise the headwings on the RXT when we move to the 3rd slot, does anyone else's kiddos hate the headwings and at what age did you move to the 3rd slot ? She is just about 14 months and we are in that awkward stage where the 2nd slot is well below her shoulders (almost uncomfortable) but the 3rd slot is slightly above ?

ADS

mrosehughes

I think DS was in the third slot by the time we moved him to the radian (he went to a britax from his infant seat). He really likes the headwings. And I know for sure when he was getting close to the fourth slot but far from the third we went up to the fourth.

My dd hated her bucket, she would cry the entire trip or until she fell asleep. I never figured out why. But she never complained about any of the convertibles. She's been in her RXT for about 2 months now and loves the "pillows" on her seat.

thepote

DD is 16m and still where you are. It's so awkward that I have her in the CCO at the moment, even though she seems kind of squished (she has a chunky build and is cloth diapered with bulky prefolds). When she gets to the 3rd slots I'll try the RXT. I hope she likes it.

With DS3 I had to sell the Boulevard because he hated the head wings so much, but he loved the RXT so maybe it's seat-specific??

luckyclov

DS2 isn't a fan of the headwings. I keep hoping he'll "warm up" to them as time passes, but no such luck yet. He's on the 3rd harness slot (he's 26 months old), but I usually keep the headwings up. Otherwise he complains and keeps his head poked out and around. In all honesty, the only reason I went with an RXT was because I wanted the Cobalt cover. I wish they had all the covers available for all the models.:rolleyes:

He's been on the 3rd slot for quite some time, but the harness is pretty below his shoulders. I'm not quite comfortable going to the 4th slot yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC