Question Do I want an RXT or a Foonf?

VoodooChile

So I thought I was set on getting a Foonf for ds, and now I'm getting, I don't know, cold feet? I'm hoping you guys can help me decide, especially since I know some people have seen the Foonf IRL now. Right now ds is in a Radian XT, and while it's working fine for us, I'm ready for an upgrade.
The one thing that I keep coming back to is that rear-facing wedge and how high it appears to put the seat. One of my favorite things about the Radian is the low profile. If you've seen the Foonf + wedge up close and personal, is it high enough to drive me crazy? I was okay, base-wise, with the classic MA rf but hated how high it was ff ( I know the Foonf's wedge isn't used ff). I guess I have visions of ds being as tall as I am rf in the Foonf--it's not THAT high up, right?
Other pertinent info: I drive a 2006 Pilot, ds is rf on the driver's side, which allows bracing (passenger's side does not). The Radian installs well even without AA. I've never tried ff install, actually! I plan to harness until booster-readiness, and there are no younger siblings to pass down to. I can handle the cost of the Foonf but the RXT is obviously nicer on the wallet :)
So yeah, in my situation, which seat would you get?

ADS

luckyclov

I still haven't been formally introduced to the Foonf (as in...in person), but, like you, it was between an RXT and a Foonf for DS2's next seat.

I went with an RXT.

The only reason (still had several inches RF growing room) I was in the market to replace DS2's MA70 (which, in all honesty, is my favorite convertible ever) is because it was such an everyday, ALL.THE.TIME struggle to get him loaded and unloaded due to the high profile. I'm short. He's wild. It also doesn't particularly help that my vehicle seat must be pushed all the way back (for lower anchor installs), which actually placed some of the seat "behind" the sliding door, if that makes sense. And forward-facing was not an option.

The Foonf sits incredibly high. The RXT doesn't.

End of story.:p

Phineasmama

I was in the market to replace DS2's MA70 (which, in all honesty, is my favorite convertible ever) is because it was such an everyday, ALL.THE.TIME struggle to get him loaded and unloaded due to the high profile.

Pretty much what she said :p I STILL kinda want a Foonf, just because. It's pretty, and cool, and expensive, and it makes me want it :eek:

But I'm not getting one. And that is because I don't want to break my back hauling my heavy kids in and out of it every day, multiple times a day. I also have kids who even though perfectly capable of independent locomotion, will lay on the floor in the garage and refuse to climb up in their seats. "I Caaaaaan'tttt doooo iiiiiiiittttttttt" is a common thing to hear.

So yeah, I just bought 2 new RXTs, I freaking love them, I love them even more than the original Radian and I think they are amazing seats. And I love them, did I mention that yet?

ETA: I also have a van and the RXTs RFing in the captains chairs. SOOOO much easier to get them in and out, as clovis said above. 100% agree with that.

VoodooChile

I do imagine it being an ordeal, especially since ds is very much a " do it myself" kid, and takes being placed into his seat as a personal affront to his big-boyness.
I wish Clek would bring the Foonf to my neck of the woods! We have an Oobr and really love everything about it. It's the height, even without the wedge while ff, that I really want to check out.

Phineasmama

ds is very much a " do it myself" kid, and takes being placed into his seat as a personal affront to his big-boyness.

LOL I have that problem too! It's like no matter what I do I can't win. If I put him in his seat myself it's the end of the freakin world. If I don't then he whines because it's too hard. Ugh.

I really want to see it in person too...wonder if BuyBuybaby will be getting it in store? They sell the Oobr in store...

momtotwogirls

I have the wedge for the radian and it only lifts it maybe an inch or so. My youngest can still climb up into herself(although she can with the TFP as well) While the foonf looks awesome I also dont like how much of the rear view it takes up when I saw pics in a small car. Im not sure how much rear veiw it would take up in a larger car but that really killed it for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC