Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question Travel! Combi Corocco, Safety First Avenue, or Evenflo Titan Elite? Something else?

Now that I've settled on getting a Graco Turbo booster or Harmony Literider for my 7 year old DD for our upcoming trip (thanks for the help!), I need to find a travel seat for my 11 month old who weighs 25 lbs. The seat will be used for air travel and taxis, and then in grandparents' car for emergencies. I researched here and thought the Combi Coccoro, Safety First Avenue, and Evenflo Titan Elite offered a good mix of being lightweight and safety features, but don't know if there's something else to consider, and have no idea which would be easiest to haul and install quickly in cabs. Any recommendations? I'm leaving in 2 days so I need to be able to buy it locally. TIA!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Travel! Combi Corocco, Safety First Avenue, or Evenflo Titan Elite? Something else?

Of those seats, I would probably go with the Avenue or the Titan Elite. Would you consider the Cosco Scenera with a 40lb rear-facing limit?

Since your baby is already 25lbs, I think your baby will outgrow the Combi pretty quickly and the other seats would last a little bit longer.

Another option is to go ahead and travel with whatever seat you have right now, just because you are on a tight travel timeline. I've traveled with big, bulky seats before and it's not the most fun, but it's doable for an occasional airplane trip.

Melanie

Re: Travel! Combi Corocco, Safety First Avenue, or Evenflo Titan Elite? Something else?

I agree with Melanie, a Coccoro won't last you all that long. For a comparison of reasonably priced travel seats, you should check out this blog http://carseatblog.com/10598/a-compa...ced-under-100/ If you plan on keeping this as a spare seat in grandparents or babysitters cars, you may want to choose a model that's easier to install.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Thanks for the replies! I am not traveling with my Britax -- been there, done that, not repeating, lol! I would rather more protection and padding than the scenera has, and price isn't an issue. I want the safest seat that's lightest and EASIEST to install... any other thoughts? I read that blog, and it seems like those aren't buckle and drive installs....

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

The Scenera is perfectly safe and has passed the same exact safety tests as the other seats.

Of the lightweight seats that are easiest for travel, the Scenera 40RF would be my first choice as well. Maybe a Cosco Apt.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Senior Community Member jeminijad's Avatar

I've flown with my Titan, and it worked really well. I struggle with the basic Dorel seat installs, and the Titan was fine, even with the similar LATCH hooks.

It is also narrow and fit in a plane seat without raising the armrest.
    R, 2/09 * various boosters
    C, 5/11 * FF in Radians
    O, 12/14 * RF in Radians

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." - Alexander Pope

8. Thank You from: