Travel! Combi Corocco, Safety First Avenue, or Evenflo Titan Elite? Something else?

daknits

Now that I've settled on getting a Graco Turbo booster or Harmony Literider for my 7 year old DD for our upcoming trip (thanks for the help!), I need to find a travel seat for my 11 month old who weighs 25 lbs. The seat will be used for air travel and taxis, and then in grandparents' car for emergencies. I researched here and thought the Combi Coccoro, Safety First Avenue, and Evenflo Titan Elite offered a good mix of being lightweight and safety features, but don't know if there's something else to consider, and have no idea which would be easiest to haul and install quickly in cabs. Any recommendations? I'm leaving in 2 days so I need to be able to buy it locally. TIA!

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Of those seats, I would probably go with the Avenue or the Titan Elite. Would you consider the Cosco Scenera with a 40lb rear-facing limit?

Since your baby is already 25lbs, I think your baby will outgrow the Combi pretty quickly and the other seats would last a little bit longer.

Another option is to go ahead and travel with whatever seat you have right now, just because you are on a tight travel timeline. I've traveled with big, bulky seats before and it's not the most fun, but it's doable for an occasional airplane trip.

Melanie

daknits

Thanks for the replies! I am not traveling with my Britax -- been there, done that, not repeating, lol! I would rather more protection and padding than the scenera has, and price isn't an issue. I want the safest seat that's lightest and EASIEST to install... any other thoughts? I read that blog, and it seems like those aren't buckle and drive installs....

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Scenera is perfectly safe and has passed the same exact safety tests as the other seats.

Of the lightweight seats that are easiest for travel, the Scenera 40RF would be my first choice as well. Maybe a Cosco Apt.

Wendy

jeminijad

I've flown with my Titan, and it worked really well. I struggle with the basic Dorel seat installs, and the Titan was fine, even with the similar LATCH hooks.

It is also narrow and fit in a plane seat without raising the armrest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC