If the Britax Chaperone didn't fit, will any Britax convertible?

The Chaperone didn't allow the passenger seat in our Civic coupe (03) to be used or even pushed back. Now that its time for convertible seats, will a Britax convertible fit? Is the footprint larger? About the same?

ADS

cpsaddict

The Chaperone is very long and the convertibles are shorter front to back. Plus, baby can be more upright now, thus giving more room. The footprint of the convertibles is actually smaller than the Chaperone and they take up less room front to back than most other convertible seats. I have the MA70 and love it.

mcomommy

:yeahthatlove:

I can not fit a Chaperone in the third row of my Mazda 5 with the base (fits great without the base) but a Marathon fits rear facing back there. I have not had it there for a newborn though so I don't know that it would fit at that angle but it fits fine for a slightly older baby.

Emi's Mommy

A chaperone absolutely did not fit centre of my 2008 dodge avenger, but a marathon fits with plenty of room to spare in the same spot. I should note that I have the marathon fairly upright as I'm using it for an 18 month old.

But I could likely have it reclined for an infant, I'd just have slightly less legroom, but still a decently comfortable driving position. (I'm 5ft8 and I don't own any flat shoes to give you an idea)

crunchierthanthou

The new Britax convertibles take up surprisingly little front to back space- often less than infant seats (and the Chaperone is a looooong infant seat). :)

henrietta

Comparing any brand of infant seat to any brand of convertible seat regarding whether it will fit front to back is like comparing apples to oranges. ;) Infant seats almost always take up more space, and the Chaperone is very long. Britax convertibles, on the other hand, often fit places where you wouldn't expect a higher weight convertible seat to fit.

hths

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC