Diono Customer Service

Dmcj13

They really leave a lot to be desired :( I have been talking back and forth with them about my Montery and they have so not been helpful. The rep is so sure that I am doing something wrong, even though I insisted that I tried everything, and then she transferred me to their tech, who just basically said that its a good seat so even though it is a hassle it is worth it. :rolleyes: So know I have a seat that isn't going to work for me, and no solution whatsoever, and I can't return it.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Unfortunately, some seats are incompatible with some vehicles. I'm sorry you're having trouble.

What's the problem? Belt guide issues?

If you can't return it and it doesn't work with your car, the only option is to get rid of it. If you sell it, you can put that toward the cost of something that works better.

Brianna

:yeahthatsad: It's unfortunate that the new belt guide on the Montereys are having more incompatibility issues. I would post on their social media pages to let them know what your problem was. Hopefully they'll consider another re-design once they realize there are multiple complaints on the same issue.

Dmcj13

The belt doesn't pull through the guide easily, and doesn't retract at all, you have to forcefully pull it back through the guide, and then the belt is tight, and doesn't move at all, not because it is locked or anything, but because it is all caught up in the guide. The tech said that the belt not retracting is not a safety issue, just an inconvenience, and that I should be buckling her in and pulling it tight myself any way, ok fine if it is not a safety issue I will deal with it, but it just seems to me like if the belt is not free to move, it can not preform right in a crash, am I wrong? If it is a safety issue I will sell it.

Brianna

It becomes a safety issue if your child leans forward, introduces slack in the belt, and it doesn't retract itself.

soccer_widow

:yeahthatsad: It's unfortunate that the new belt guide on the Montereys are having more incompatibility issues. I would post on their social media pages to let them know what your problem was. Hopefully they'll consider another re-design once they realize there are multiple complaints on the same issue.

I tried this, and they deleted my post from their page, and told me to call customer service.:thumbsdown:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
soccer_widow said:
I tried this, and they deleted my post from their page, and told me to call customer service.:thumbsdown:

Are you sure it was deleted and not categorized under posts by all vs posts by Diono?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC