Avery coming home in the CCO

lpperry

Avery was born at 6 pounds 4 ounces. He came home at 5 pounds, 14 ounces. He is 18 inches long.

Here he is coming home from the hospital in the Coccoro.

334nqec.jpg

I don't remember the straps being so high for Claudia when she was a newborn. She was 20 inches though. I wonder if those 2 inches made a difference or if Avery just has a much shorter torso. Do you think it matters? He came home in a disposable and we use cloth. He'll be in cloth for his next ride, so that might make just enough difference in the harness height.

ygldy.jpg

23li61y.jpg

Avery came 3 weeks early, so I didn't have his car seat installed yet. I would have because we knew there was a good chance he was coming soon, but we were supposed to trade in our van on Saturday, so I wanted to wait until Saturday and put the seat in the new van. Avery showed up on Friday, so that messed up those plans!

I gave directions to my husband about how to install the seat and told him to try his best and I'd check it when we left the hospital. He got the insert in correctly and set the harness height correctly, but he couldn't install the seat. He knew that he didn't do it correctly though, so that's good at least!

I just had to install it in the hospital parking lot. Luckily, the CCO is really easy in our cars, so it wasn't a big deal. I am also lucky the nurse didn't know anything about installing a seat. My husband had it clipped in, but not tightened in case the nurses wouldn't let us leave without an installed seat. The nurse just looked to make sure we had a seat, but then she left. My husband had used the ff belt path, so it was very obviously installed incorrectly!

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

Cute!

Yep those 2" can make a difference. DS was 21" and DD was 20" both came home in the same SS1. There was about 1/2" difference in the straps between the two.

Mags462

I need to STOP reading these squishy newbie pic threads.... my no 4th child resolves wears oh so thin! :p

Your son is adorable and the CCO looks like a great fit! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC