Help me pick a car!!! (canada)

aschofield

I am in canada (nova scotia to be specific, if that matters)
Budget: Around 20K (preferably less)
Prefer used
Need good gas mileage (this is very important to me!! I have a rather long highway commute every day)
Prefer awd (or 4wd) I live in a rural area and they don't plow so well in the winter out here.

I have one child (FF in a FNXT) and there won't be any more kiddos. My #1 concern is that it is economical to gas up and maintain. I think almost anything would be better than the old volvo I'm driving right now. I have been looking at a 2009 subaru imprezza, which I like the look of, but I am a car idiot and I have no idea what else might compare, or if this car would even meet my needs? Anyone care to help me pick a car???

ADS

Chely7425

I really like Subarus :) My family has owned several and they have all been really nice to drive in the snow. They are crappy for RFing seats a lot of the time or multiple seats but neither of those are issues you need to worry about. My mom has a 2005 Outback which I love.

Cryssy Jane

Another Subie lover here. I have an 06 impreza. Was great playing in the snow and sleet. The best mileage is going to be a non turbo model so I'd be looking at a 2.5i over a wrx or Sti. The frontier installs great in any location but there are some minor tricks to getting it nice and tight.

Bf just bought a 06 2.5i in Vancouver Canada for 11k with around 63k miles for reference. Just make sure you know the mileage and whether or not the timing belt has been replaced. At least here in the states the cheapest you'll find to get a timing belt replaced for a Subie is $600. Dealers will charge around $850 depending on the model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC