Considering 07 Honda CRV....

jillybean

First off, let me say, I HATE car shopping!!!! I have been pretty happy with my 99 VW Passat, but lately I feel like I need something a little bigger. We are just a small family of 3, but about a month ago my husband wrecked my car :mad: and while it is was in the shop, I drove my parents Surburban. Granted, I do not want anything THAT big, but I loved the fact that ds was not right on top of me. I was really going to let this go, but DH thinks that this is the time of year to buy, so it leaves me wondering.....

Does anyone have a CRV? Do you love it/hate it? Any other midsize SUV's you could recommend? I was also thinking I might take a look at the RAV4, but I am not sure how I feel about the swing door in the back. It's been so long since I have even looked, I have no idea what all is out there! :eek:

Any thoughts would be great!! :D

Thanks!
Jill
mommy to Matthew 10/03

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
CRV is an IIHS Top Pick, as is the Subaru Forester. I've sat in SIL's once, and that's about it, so I don't have any personal opinion on the vehicle itself. (She bought it here, then drove it home to CA.)

Crash tests:
IIHS
NHTSA

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The RAV4 didn't exactly do horrible in the IIHS test, but the CRV did better. I wouldn't feel bad about driving a RAV4 based on those results.

chickenman

i like the styling of the crv, and the amount interior room, and the mpg, my dad has a pilot and its too big for what he uses it for. But i still thinks its funny my daughter in her roundabout she can kick the passanger seat. So its deceiving. But I like the trunk and the new design, plus three latch positions to choose from. I think its really hard to beat the build quality of honda.

Mom2Liv&Cole

My mom just bought an '07 CRV a few months back. One of her big concerns was child safety since my 3-year-old likes to go everywhere with her. Supposedly the CRVs have computerized sensing/monitoring for the rear side/canopy airbags. If I'm getting this correctly, the airbags don't deploy or deploy to a lesser extent if the rear seat occupant if the child is in the way of the airbags. Pretty neat. From the times I've driver her car, I think it's got great pick-up for a 4-cylinder car. I'm used to my V8 Explorer and the CRV feels great to drive. The dashboard seems lower, like Volvos and similar cars, so it feels like you see more of the road. The only downfall we can find....the front seats have strange headrests. They push your head forward. It feels uncomfortable to lean your entire back against the seat and them have your head jut forward at a weird angle. Don't know if it's got something to do with the safety factor or what. Oh, and the base model stereo isn't fabulous-sounding. Otherwise, it packs a lot in for a $20K car. :thumbsup:

southpawboston

the 07 CRV is nice. MIL has an 05, the older generation, and that's nice too. they made a lot of improvements with the new generation, and they're quite nice. they also pollute less than many other vehicles (especiall SUVs) and get decent gas mileage. safety is top notch. it would be hard to go wrong with a CRV. the only thing it DOESN'T have is a sporty driving feel. very blah... but a great family car.

babidius

We just bought a used CR-V last month, a 2002 with 40,000 miles on it. I absolutely love it!!! I was driving a Nissan Altima which I passed on to my DH. I feel safer in it, it drives great and is loaded and we got a really good deal on it!!! I did a lot of online searching before we bought it, DH wanted a Forester but I am very happy with the CR-V. Where I live the average price for a 2003 CR-V was between $17,000-$19,000 depending upon the model and mileage. We drove 2 hours to a dealer I saw on vehix.com, it also had the carfax online, and we ended up paying $13,500. granted it was a year older than everything else we looked at but the mileage was low and it has everything.

My Parents have a new Honda Pilot and for me it seemed like too much vehicle, the CR-V is just perfect! Good Luck!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC