J is going to have to turn around soon

Brianna

He's still hovering at 36 pounds but he now only has 1 1/2" above his head in his MyRide. I showed his mom how to measure one inch above his head and to let me know when he gets there but it's making me nervous that she won't notice... :( He'll be 2 1/2 in a few days for anybody who can't see siggys.

If you were in my shoes, how often would you double check him in the MyRide? I normally don't see him in it because I keep a Triumph in my car for him. I'm just glad he has more head room in the Triumph still.

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'd check monthly or so, plus when you notice he's had a growth spurt. Or, pay attention to when he has .5" less above his head in the Triumph. Kids usually take a while to grow that half inch at that age... I think it was 6 mos for my borrowed J.

Brianna

I didn't notice this last growth spurt :eek: Good point on just watching for 1/2" in the Triumph- I hadn't thought of that!

honeydew

I'm kind of in the same boat. Madi has about 2 inches to grow in her Symphonies in her parents' cars and I'm nervous that she'll outgrow them really soon. She's 2 years, 8 months. I never see her in their cars so I've told her mom to let me know when she gets closer to 1 inch left. She's gearing up for a big growth spurt, it seems.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC