Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Trying some 3-acrosses with the Frontier - pic heavy

A mom in the Facebook group and I were talking about what RF seat she could fit next to a Frontier 85 and still have room for another passenger. I haven't played car seats in a while so I tried a bunch of combos in my 1998 CRV this morning. It's way easier to post pictures here and I figured it might be helpful to someone here too, so here they are:

First, I did a Frontier with a RF Complete Air next to it. They fit together fine, and as you can see I fit a RF Coccoro on the other side, but it was TIGHT and there wouldn't have been room for anything but a Coccoro. I tried a Radian both RF and FF and there wasn't enough space. I also sat there myself, and there was enough room for me to buckle, but I was pretty squished and it wouldn't have been comfortable for very long.

I measured from the widest edge of the Complete Air, straight across to the widest edge of the Frontier.

To show leg room, here's my 3 1/2 year old. He's *just* outgrown this seat with exactly 1" above his head and weighing exactly 33 pounds.

And here he is in the Complete Air.

Next up, I put the Coccoro next to the Frontier. This gave a LOT more space:

I could fit a Radian both RF and FF.

And the Complete Air FF. Didn't fit RF though.

Comparing leg room in the Radian (this is with Angle Adjuster, btw)

And head room

For grins I threw my Scenera in too, and it also fit with the Frontier and the RF Coccoro.

He's about out of the Scenera 40 too though.

Then I put the Scenera next to the Frontier since I had it. About the same amount of space as the Complete Air:

Hope that helps!
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Trying some 3-acrosses with the Frontier - pic heavy

Thank you for this! I will soon own all of the same seats you tried so it was very helpful to see.
    Lauren, mommy to:
    Philip 9/4/2008, Affix w/ SS
    Andrew 8/17/2010, harnessed Nauti
    Lydia 1/14/2013, ERF MR65
    Sophia 3/18/15, SR30

I want a CRV now
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by creideamh View Post
    I want a CRV now
    haha I actually REALLY want a new car, but we just can't afford it/justify it right now. Mechanically mine is in fantastic shape, but comfort wise I just want something a little newer (with LATCH! And a true center seating position! And three top tethers!) Oh well, it does the job plenty well for now.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

Awesome!
    So, would a Radian FF, Frontier, then Cocorro RF (or FF) fit in that order? I have a 2007 CR-V so I think I have a teeny bit more room?

Quote Originally Posted by julia94115 View Post
    Awesome!
    So, would a Radian FF, Frontier, then Cocorro RF (or FF) fit in that order? I have a 2007 CR-V so I think I have a teeny bit more room?
    I can't see that being an issue at all - you should be fine!
    Emma

Beeeeauuutiful!!!!

I've also had luck with the MR next to the fr85, the cupholder overlaps the armrest. For the CA being a more narrow seat, I have more problems with it fitting into 3 across situations than most of other convertibles. A little OT, but what cover is that on the ca? That's cute!
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016