Question Cleaning Radian XT

tam_shops

Is there a preferred section for cleaning questions?

Hindsight is 20-20, YDS went to bed at 5:30pm and didn't wake up until 8:30am when we were leaving for swimming...In the car he goes, on go the straps, out comes the Vomit. EVERYWHERE.

So, I took it out of the car, removed the cover, wiped the straps, wiped the shell, put it all back together and back in the car. TWO hours later and I still have a few questions.

Is there more cleaning I'm aloud to do ie beyond wiping?

There are some small/short *flaps* at the bottom of the wings, w/ some velcro on them and some velcro on the cover and/or shell. There is more velcro than spots to stick it. There doesn't seem anywhere to stick these flaps, where do they go and/or does anyone have pics of a half dress RN XT?

I put the SIP cover on, does that extra piece of foam go under or over? It looked like it was under?

Will check the Diono site for new straps, can't imagine the smell will be gone...what is their shipping cost?

The RF boot is cracked on one side. NO idea how *that* happened, the seat was in the car since I got it. Took it out, layed it on a towel on the lawn and took it apart...Can I use it until it's replaced? Will they charge for a new one? Will phone Monday...

I put my spare cover and left the pins out, is that ok? Will wait for new straps. boot and get the car's seats cleaned, and be sure the flu is over before I before taking it out again and putting the other cover back on...

Ugghhh! I'm remembering why I had no RN love. It's a great seat when it's installed in the car and not coming out but otherwise, aackk!

tam

ADS

Amy7707

The RF boot is cracked on one side. NO idea how *that* happened, the seat was in the car since I got it. Took it out, layed it on a towel on the lawn and took it apart...Can I use it until it's replaced? Will they charge for a new one? Will phone Monday...

I just had mine apart this weekend after DS peed in it. The small flaps with velcro seemed to line up with the corresponding velcro on the other side of the opening, but I didn't really look at it that closely.

The RF boot on ours is mangled too:

RadianXTSLdamagedboot1.jpg

I called and they just needed the serial number off the seat and are sending a new one. They said it was safe to use the boot until the new one got here. They are also sending more more of those little black pins since one of ours broke. From what I read on here the pins are optional anyways, but it keeps the sides of the cover from riding up.

tam_shops

THANKS Amy!!!!

That is *exactly* what mine looks like! Same spot. Same side. Weird!

Still not getting the flaps thing, do the flaps go on the fabric part of the seat or plastic of the shell?? I can't even go and look at the RN at the store b/c it's now a Diono! LOL

tam

Amy7707

THANKS Amy!!!!

That is *exactly* what mine looks like! Same spot. Same side. Weird!

Still not getting the flaps thing, do the flaps go on the fabric part of the seat or plastic of the shell?? I can't even go and look at the RN at the store b/c it's now a Diono! LOL

tam

I think ours got mangled from the latch connectors that were hitting the RF boot. I used the seatbelt to install in the middle of a 2004 Trailblazer, but the outboard latch connectors and the hinge to fold down the seat were hitting the outside of the boot once it was tightly installed

When I'm out of work today I'll try to take some pictures of the velcro flaps on our XT. I have 2, one of which I haven't removed the cover yet so I'll look at both for you!

Amy7707

It looks like that little flap connects to the velcro on the other side of the headwing. If we had the headwings any lower, then the flap wouldn't be able to velcro under the headwing.

Velcro closed under wing:
IMG_5104.jpg

Velcro open under wing:
IMG_5106.jpg

On this one the velcro just barely closes because the winds are slightly lower:
IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

Let me know if you need more pictures (or if those aren't the flaps you were talking about) :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC