Cleaning radian vs TF

MommyShannon

DD2 still gets carsick a lot so I need an easy to clean seat when she moves out of her RA55. It has been a good seat since I can get the cover on/off easily, it washes well, and I can reinstall it in a matter of minutes.
I'm looking at getting a TFP or radian. The TF mentions an easy off pad but is it just an insert or does the whole cover come off easily? How about the Diono Radian?

ADS

momtotwogirls

The true fit you can take off without un-installing it. The whole cover has snaps all the way around it. I normally take the cover off then I have a dust buster and use that and vaccum out all the crumbs :)

jess71903

Ambassador
Oh, the TF beats the Radian out of the water when it comes to ease of cleaning! Like, they're not even in the same league (I've had both). The whole TF cover comes off easily. I can take the cover off a RF TF without uninstalling it. If it's FF, there's a set of loops I choose not to connect, then I can get it off then, too. The TF covers that are plush and slick also wash up SO well. I have a butterfly one, and it's the 1st one not to be as easy because it has cottony material in the middle. Misty Morning, any of the Aurora ones, Capuccino, etc. all are great.

MommyShannon

Thanks, I think that seals it for me since DD2 is only 23 lbs at 2! I don't need the higher weight limit, I NEED easy to clean!

MommyShannon

nevaehsmommy said:
We used the TF for ease of cleaning. My DN has explosive poo. It gets cleaned nearly once a week. Takes about 2 minutes to get the cover off.

Thanks, that's a primary reason I love cloth diapers (specifically fitteds and covers) during the explosive poop stage. I'd rather clean diapers than clothes and car seats!

msg221

I must be lucky in that I've never had any of the kids puke or have an explosive poop while in the car seat! Guess they were nice and saved that for when they were with their parents! But heck yes, after having both seats and removing covers, give me a TF any day!

nevaehsmommy

Thanks, that's a primary reason I love cloth diapers (specifically fitteds and covers) during the explosive poop stage. I'd rather clean diapers than clothes and car seats!

She has some allergies of some sort.They have eliminated milk and still. Her momma uses prefolds with a thirsties covers.

tam_shops

NOT the Radian that I can tell you. It took me two hours to get it apart and back together. It had to come out of the car. It needed plyers to get the plastic pins out. There are too many nooks and crannies for stuff to go. There are too many pieces/parts w/ comfort foam and SIP wings and...

My MA cover sounds more like the TF cover, I just pulled it and the straps out while the seat was installed, washed it, wiped the straps and put it all back together in the car, certainly in less than an hour!

tam

Pixels

Hmm, I own both. After taking the black pins out of the Radian cover, I leave them out so they aren't a pain any more. Once that's done, I think they are about the same for getting the cover off, and the Radian is easier to get the cover back on. Specifically, I hate wrestling the cover off and on the top part of the TrueFit.

Pixels

"Hand wash or machine wash only in front loading
machine.
• Line dry or tumble dry on low temperature setting ."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC