Dodge can't help me.

Mommypooh

ARRGGG.... okay so I called this morning trying to find out where I would have upper tether points, they can't tell me where to find them they say that according to my VIN I have them though. Where I do not know. I have looked on the floor, the ceiling, the back of the seats I have tried to feel under the seats as I can't really get under them at the moment due to being pregnant.

I was refered to the local dealership, they bounced me around from sales to service, back to sales, then to a salesman who tried to sell me a new van.

I have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am so lost. I need to either find tethers or I need to buy the kits and put them in myself. Does anyone have a 1999 or a 2000 that has tethers and can tell me where they are.

my van is a 1999 but I have 2000 seats in it.

ADS

Tiffanie

Did you check in your vehicle manual? I have a Ford but in the owner's manual I have a little diagram that shows where they should be. Hope someone can help you.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The LATCH manual lists part numbers, so you do have anchors for the 2nd row chairs and the 3rd row center and outboard seats. Where they are, it doesn't specify. I suspect the 2nd row anchors are under the carpeting. If so, you'd cut away the carpeting with a slit and install the kit to a threaded nut in the floor. Sometimes, the owners manual gives a sketch diagram of where they are located.

Sadly, Chrylser's Fit for a Kid website with a list of dealers that have techs is no longer online:-(

southpawboston

The LATCH manual lists part numbers, so you do have anchors for the 2nd row chairs and the 3rd row center and outboard seats. Where they are, it doesn't specify. I suspect the 2nd row anchors are under the carpeting. If so, you'd cut away the carpeting with a slit and install the kit to a threaded nut in the floor. Sometimes, the owners manual gives a sketch diagram of where they are located.

you mean she has the pre-threaded nuts for the anchor, right? not the anchors themselves, which are part of the kit.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The 2001 has 4 LATCH positions (two in the middle bench and two in the 3rd row outboard positions) plus one more upper tether.

All the upper tether anchor points are located on the back of the bench seat. It's a U-shaped bar on the back of the seat at the bottom of the seat.

I believe the 2000 seats were set up the same as the 2001. Are there any U-shaped metal bars on the back of your vehicle seats closer to the bottom?

Mommypooh

My manual does not have any diagrams I was looking at it I have read it front to back a couple of times, Dodge can't find a diagram for it either.

I have a middle bench with 2 seat belts and a back bench with 3 seat belts.

I have looked on teh back of the seats I see nothing that would even look like I could hook a tether to it. I have felt under the seats as well thinking maybe I just could not see them.

Mommypooh

okay just talked to another rep at the 1800 number. She said I do not have them in currently, but I can have them retrofitted. I Called the local dealership and they told me I could only put them on the middle bench and they were $17 for each kit. I then called another dealership a little farther away and I can put 4 of them in my van minus the middle of the back bench and they are $14 a piece. I had been told before that I could put them in all spots but I will take 4 of them at least. I hope to stop at 4 kids which means no more babies for me. I have 2 kids currently with 2 more on the way.

If anyone knows anything else about this please let me know. Thanks so much.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
At least the first one should be free of charge, ask them to reference service bulletin 23-08-00 Rev. A . Some dealers will do them all free.

The part number for the 2nd row seats is 04864118AB. For the third row it is 05018506AA . You might get the parts cheaper at an online parts shop if you want to install yourself, but I suspect you could get them all done parts and labor free if you call around a bit. Some dealers will charge you and Chrysler for this and get paid twice:-(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC