Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Vent--Dealer Took Out Car Seats

DH took the car in for a recall--the recall had NOTHING to do with anything that would be in/on/under/near the rear seat. And they removed the car seats anyway. I am beyond livid. It's freezing outside and I have to reinstall before DH can head out with the kiddos tomorrow morning for gymnastics. Not to mention that we have no idea if they chucked them on the flooras hard as they could.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Vent--Dealer Took Out Car Seats

Since they are RF - seems like every time I get my car back the drivers seat is back as far as it can go - maybe they had to move them to move the front seats back?

I normally mention to them "don't adjust the front seat too far back. The carseat is right there."

I've never had someone take em out though!! I'm be pretty ticked.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org
    -Jessica. mom to :
    Aislin (4-30-2006)..44lbs and 46.5 in tall. Boostered in a Cybex Solutions x-fix
    Skyla (3-13-2008)..32lbs and 43 in tall. Boostered in a Clek Oobr

I would be mad they took them out but I dont know that I would automatically assume they chucked them on the floor. I would think a normal human being with common sense would take them out and set them on the ground or something not throw them around.
    Emmalynn(4/07)57lbs 55"-Harmony Literider
    Addilynn(3/09)49lbs 50"-Harmony Literider
    Cosco Scenera, Harmony Literider, Graco Turbo, Britax Frontier 85/Frontier Clicktight carrying kiddos of various ages

When my car was in the shop my dad took it in and didn't take the seat out like I told him to before he took it in. They needed to put the back seats down to fix something. I went to the shop to get it out. They had taken the seat out and I wouldn't assumed they threw it on the ground being it was sitting on the ground by the car but had a clear plastic trash bag on it to make sure it didn't get dirty.

Did you ask them why the seats were removed? You may be surprised.
    Cathy
    B-- 6.5y harnessed cowmoo FR85;
    Sl--5y RF RXT;
    H-- 2.5 RF RNXT;M--7mos CCOA--1 mos KF30 and R 1.5 RXT

Carseat Crazy

Yeah, I would've asked why they took the seats out. I can't really see the mechanic doing it just for the fun of it. But who knows!

When I get my car back from the shop, I ALWAYS double check my installs. Fortunately, they've never messed with the seats, but I've heard of it happening often enough that I'm on the lookout for it.

Sorry about that! What a pain!
    "BooBoo" - Mar 2009 - 49 lb, 48" - Harnessed in a FR90 & PN90, using a booster on occasion
    "Chicken" - Sept 2012 - 29 lb, 38" - ERF in a Milestone and RN RXT

Carseat Crazy

Thanks guys. DH picked the car up and didn't think to ask--but he will be calling them when they open today.

And the front seats were exactly where we left them.

CPS Fanatic

I also wouldn't assume the seats had been chucked at the ground. I'm sure it's just an annoyance, not a danger.

I would not be mad. I don't ever leave my car seats in when I take my car to shop anyway.. But I can only assume they had a reason to. Its not like they were trying to make a point.. maybe they did an inspection of belts or seats? I know my dealer always does a basic inspection when I bring it in for service.
    A five stepper and a booster rider

I just can't imagine them uninstalling car seats for NO reason. I mean, what a pain in the butt that would be!! Why would they do more work than they have to?

Carseat Crazy

DH is the one I'm mad at He knows he's supposed to tell them not to remove the seats (without calling me first) when he drops the car off and he didn't. I could have just gone over there, and taken the seats out and taken them home with me, if *only* I had known.

It took an hour to get them back in this AM because my fingers were so cold and numb.

CPS Fanatic

What kind of seats do you have? I think you need new car seats if they are that hard to install. Maybe you should pretend they were thrown to the ground, so you can justify buying new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by YinzerMama
    What kind of seats do you have? I think you need new car seats if they are that hard to install. Maybe you should pretend they were thrown to the ground, so you can justify buying new ones.
    Lol. I'd take that reasoning. Love the smell of new seats.

auto correct hates me
    A five stepper and a booster rider

Senior Community Member VoodooChile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baylor

Lol. I'd take that reasoning. Love the smell of new seats.

auto correct hates me
    "I love the smell of new car seats in the morning."
    Dd 10/2005--Incognito
    Ds 3/2009--Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Clek Oobr

17. Thank You from:

Did they clean/vacuum the car and remove them to clean the seats?

Our guy did that once and now I have a note on the file to clean around (but not under ie remove) my seats. I can't install one of them myself, so there is no good reason to remove it! LOL

tam