Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

looking for solid collision facts....

We have this that says that frontal crashes are more fatal....but we need something that says that frontal collisions are more common. We have someone asking for proof that frontal wrecks are more common and dh asked me to ask you guys for help finding that proof. Anyone have any good links? Preferably .gov or really reliable sources. Any links that would help us prove that frontal accidents are more common/more severe than rear end collisions.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/97.835.PDF
    DD (6/2010 30lbs, 39 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and ffing in a chase
    DS (1/2012 26lbs, 36 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and a r100

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: looking for solid collision facts....

72% (more by some statistics) of crashes are frontal or offset-frontal. I think that's in the CPST curriculum, is that official enough? I can try to find it if so...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Re: looking for solid collision facts....

I asked dh, he wants like a government link...like nhtsa or something...he did find this http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811402.pdf pg 73. But so far, that's all he can find.
    DD (6/2010 30lbs, 39 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and ffing in a chase
    DS (1/2012 26lbs, 36 inches) rfing in a graco 4ever and a r100