Misleading Radian promo..

henrietta

Ugh...Okay, I will preface this by saying I have NEVER used a Radian, but I would like to have one.

However, I was NOT impressed by the email I got from Diono today showing off an award they won (a consumer group award, not a safety based, legitimate kind of thing)...in which parents went on and on about the great features of the Radian (all of which ARE great). My problem was w/the typical misunderstandings....one parent is so excited that the LATCH limit on her Radian goes to 65 lbs and using it as a booster later. For one--it doesn't matter that the LATCH limit is 65 lbs if your vehicles LATCH limit is only 40 lbs! I think Diono should certainly keep up the good work, but I wish folks were more educated! Also, the booster portion..it isn't going to last that long. Not long enough at all to pay a lot extra (or ANY) for that particular feature. Besides that is Diono's own advertising that you can't use the booster until 50 lbs (which, hey, I'm all for raising the minimums a bit for kid's safety), but frankly, my 6.5 yr old only weighs 44 lbs right now...and he'd be out of the harness on the Radian long before he hits 50 lbs! So, what are the parents of tall and thin kids supposed to do if they thought they were buying this great seat that was going to last thru booster age.

The concept is soooo nice...I love so many features on the new Radian line, but it needs a few more tweaks.

I wish parents understood more that sometimes what is advertised just doesn't always work like they say...

henrietta

ADS

Syllieann

I was really confused by the 65# thing. The award was for the RXT so you either go by super latch of 80# or you go by your vehicle's limit. If she was writing about the R100 then why would she "switch to seatbelt" after 65# instead of discontinue use since the weight limit of the harness was reached? :confused:

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
I hate that they added the booster feature. I forsee it making the IIHS "bad booster" list this year. Diono already HAS a booster, no need to screw up a good convertible by making it a 3-in-1!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC