Safety 1st Guide65 Sport

Kobain's Mommy

We were at Walmart today and a new seat caught my eye. It was a Safety 1st Guide65 Sport. I didn't get much information or see if it had the duel lines since DH and DS were both impatient. They didn't have an info tag for it just said it was $89.98 I believe. There was no manual that I saw by it. I hope to tomorrow go back with just me and the kids to see what info is on it or if there was a manual somewhere. They must have just put it out since it wasn't even zip tied down yet.

7b2d60c6.jpg

The straps were on the lowest setting. It's not a no-thread harness and I didn't want to mess around with the straps. The head rest is all the way up. The only way I saw to get the head rest all the way up was pull the bar from the back. Which was a PITA.

63bf20ea.jpg

The top slots were just under the bottom of the headrest.
162cc6f9.jpg

Sitting next to a Cosco Serena. On the other side was a Safety1st All in One.
0ad4f8cf.jpg

ETA I see in the last picture a Safty1st Manual behind it in the last picture. I don't know if it's for that or the AIO.

ADS

Dmcj13

I was looking at one at baby depot the other day, didn't seem too bad for the price I measured the top slots at 17 inches, 17.5 with the seat padding compressed.

Kobain's Mommy

I was looking at one at baby depot the other day, didn't seem too bad for the price I measured the top slots at 17 inches, 17.5 with the seat padding compressed.

I'm kinda toying with the thought of getting it for a backup. Right now I have 2 back ups, but one I don't care for much.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I may or may not have installed one of these. I can't tell between all the different Dorel seats that have the same shell and different names.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This seat is very small front-to-back when installed at the more upright angle. I've measured top slots at 17" as well. Headrest only adjusts from the back but you have to re-thread the straps anyways so I don't think it's a big deal.

Install is straight forward the few times I've had it in the vehicle. It can be positioned at the angle you need it without needing a noodle in the vehicles I've had it in so far. (Non-leather interior though.)

It's a narrow seat as well - though not narrow on the inside. Been one complaint on the headrest pushing a child's head forward, but also been lots of reports of parents being happy with the seat. The straps are very smooth and could be prone to twisting if you're not careful, but they don't seem prone to staying twisty based on how our display model at work has been.

We've sold a lot of seats without having any returns, so parents seem to be happy with the seat anyways.

eta: Yes, it has the dual recline lines.

Kobain's Mommy

I think I'm really going to get this one as a back up. I HATE our Evenflo Titan SK version we have for a back up.

Syllieann

I had dorel email me a manual, though I can't find it at the moment. I read through the whole thing because I was seriously considering purchasing. It can be used rf until 40" or head even w/ top of headrest. When I put my 40" ds in the seat, he still had a good 1" of headrest over his head so I think the 40" is a very realistic height. I measured top slots at 16.75". The headrest did not seem to be reinforced at all and I was easily able to flex it forward but I was impressed w/ the eps foam. The headrest didn't push his head forward in such a way that it looked uncomfortable-I know that is a concern in some of the seats w/ moving headrests.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
That's awesome, it sounds like a decent seat for under $100!!!! For the price range it is great competition for the comfortsport, and obviously will last much longer!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I don't expect perfection out of an under-$100 seat. I think it's going to be a good alternative for a budget seat. It's the same as the Easy Fit at BRU, but costs about $20 less at Walmart (I believe Walmart.com had them for about $80?). I'm actually thrilled that Walmart carries it. It makes a good enough impression that I think people may gravitate towards it and away from the Comfortsport.

I hope it continues to get reasonably favorable-for-price reviews because there are just so few options in the $100-and-under range unless you're lucky enough to find a My Ride or True Fit on an excellent sale.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC