Thoughts on the Harmony high back booster

cookie123

A friend messaged me on FB, and I'm not familiar at all. I thinking it's for her dd who is turning 5 in June. She's tiny for her age. Any thoughts?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I just bought one to replace my oldest's Parkway. I actually really like it.

A couple things: It's REALLY hard to get together. The headrest snaps into the backrest, but I couldn't force it in. I had to leave it in backless mode until I got home, and my husband had to put all his weight on it to get it to pop together. I'm not sure if they are all that hard, but it was crazy. Also, so adjust the back, you just force it up and down; there's no handle to squeeze or anything.

But for a $40 booster? I love it. It's narrow, it has deep side wings, and the belt fit on my 37lb 6.5 year old and 31lb 5yo is great.

mamakc

We got one last month and so far we really like it. It doesn't fall apart like the tb, it's really light weight, it is hard to put together, but again that also means it doesn't fall apart. The fit is great, the seat is deep and will be supportive for years to come. It's narrow in all the right places making it work even in funky narrow center seats. Dd is 5yo 40lbs & 41 inches tall, mostly leg. Here is a pic if her in it.

PicsArt1328749473890.png

hrice

We got one last month and so far we really like it. It doesn't fall apart like the tb, it's really light weight, it is hard to put together, but again that also means it doesn't fall apart. The fit is great, the seat is deep and will be supportive for years to come. It's narrow in all the right places making it work even in funky narrow center seats. Dd is 5yo 40lbs & 41 inches tall, mostly leg. Here is a pic if her in it.

PicsArt1328749473890.png

It could just be the pic but that lap belt looks a bit high to me.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
DD1 in hers

841189cb.jpg

This is with the headrest all the way up, since I couldn't put it together on my own, and this in the Target parking lot.

We tried the Cruz, too, and that belt fit was awesome
e622aceb.jpg

mamakc

ericarizo said:
I agree the lap belt fit looks high and the shoulder belt is not centered either.

I made a thread when I got it asking that very question on the lap belt and was told by many that it was perfect. The shoulder belt is wonky because of the seat it happens to be in, it's much better in all the other spots.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I think that lap belt is great. It's touching the thighs and it's over the hips. It's not flat across the thighs like the picture of my daughter in the Cruz, but people often think that's too low anyway. The fit across the shoulder it not a big deal unless it bugs her, causing her to pull it away or tuck it under her arm, which I'm sure you will catch and not allow.

The picture of my kid in the high back shows the headrest all the way up; it's not a very tall booster, but she doesn't have much more room in her Turbo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC