Vent--Dealer Took Out Car Seats

cat mommy

DH took the car in for a recall--the recall had NOTHING to do with anything that would be in/on/under/near the rear seat. And they removed the car seats anyway. I am beyond livid. It's freezing outside and I have to reinstall before DH can head out with the kiddos tomorrow morning for gymnastics. Not to mention that we have no idea if they chucked them on the flooras hard as they could.

ADS

YinzerMama

Since they are RF - seems like every time I get my car back the drivers seat is back as far as it can go - maybe they had to move them to move the front seats back?

skylinphoto

I normally mention to them "don't adjust the front seat too far back. The carseat is right there."

I've never had someone take em out though!! I'm be pretty ticked.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

momtotwogirls

I would be mad they took them out but I dont know that I would automatically assume they chucked them on the floor. I would think a normal human being with common sense would take them out and set them on the ground or something not throw them around.

Kobain's Mommy

When my car was in the shop my dad took it in and didn't take the seat out like I told him to before he took it in. They needed to put the back seats down to fix something. I went to the shop to get it out. They had taken the seat out and I wouldn't assumed they threw it on the ground being it was sitting on the ground by the car but had a clear plastic trash bag on it to make sure it didn't get dirty.

NatesMamma

Yeah, I would've asked why they took the seats out. I can't really see the mechanic doing it just for the fun of it. :scratcheshead: But who knows!

When I get my car back from the shop, I ALWAYS double check my installs. Fortunately, they've never messed with the seats, but I've heard of it happening often enough that I'm on the lookout for it.

Sorry about that! What a pain!

cat mommy

Thanks guys. DH picked the car up and didn't think to ask--but he will be calling them when they open today.

And the front seats were exactly where we left them. :rolleyes:

Baylor

I would not be mad. I don't ever leave my car seats in when I take my car to shop anyway.. But I can only assume they had a reason to. Its not like they were trying to make a point.. maybe they did an inspection of belts or seats? I know my dealer always does a basic inspection when I bring it in for service.

Phineasmama

I just can't imagine them uninstalling car seats for NO reason. I mean, what a pain in the butt that would be!! Why would they do more work than they have to?

cat mommy

DH is the one I'm mad at :D He knows he's supposed to tell them not to remove the seats (without calling me first) when he drops the car off and he didn't. I could have just gone over there, and taken the seats out and taken them home with me, if *only* I had known.

It took an hour to get them back in this AM because my fingers were so cold and numb.

YinzerMama

What kind of seats do you have? I think you need new car seats if they are that hard to install. Maybe you should pretend they were thrown to the ground, so you can justify buying new ones. :D

Baylor

YinzerMama said:
What kind of seats do you have? I think you need new car seats if they are that hard to install. Maybe you should pretend they were thrown to the ground, so you can justify buying new ones. :D

Lol. I'd take that reasoning. Love the smell of new seats.

auto correct hates me

tam_shops

Did they clean/vacuum the car and remove them to clean the seats?

Our guy did that once and now I have a note on the file to clean around (but not under ie remove) my seats. I can't install one of them myself, so there is no good reason to remove it! LOL

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC