Question What are people doing about head slump in the RN w/ the Angle Adjuster in?

tam_shops

Wondering if/what people are doing anything about the head slump that happens w/ the RN w/ the Angle Adjuster in?

My guy slumped a bit before it was in, but if I pushed his head back, it'd stay. Now that the AA is in, his head goes full on forward and stays that way...

Pretty sure I've read that w/ a 2yo there is no safety concern, can't be too uncomfortable or he wouldn't be sleeping but...it kind of goes down and then under the SIP.

Obvious solution is to remove the AA! LOL

tam

ADS

zactayaus

We haven't had head slump in either of our RN's with the AA's. I do tend to think some kids are just more prone to being head slumpers. lol. For instance ds2 is going to be 9yo next month and that kid always had head slump no matter what seat he was in and still does, yet dd never had head slump in any seat even though they used some of the same seats. As for fixing it there's not too much you can do other than just pushing their head back when you notice it or like you said removing the AA in your case. One of my most often phrases you'll hear me say in my car is Taylor push your brothers head back.:p

Syllieann

DS has done a lot of sleeping in his and only had head slump 1x. His seat is very reclined w/out aa though, so perhaps it's just the difference in recline. He also has wings, which seem to help a lot. You could slam on the brakes to get his head back in position, :p, ok, maybe not. I'd probably try a little pillow. It seems like that would be enough to make the difference.

tam_shops

Thanks ladies! He sleeps in the car so rarely that it's not the end of the world and I certainly agree, he's always had head slump issues, in all the same seats ODS was in, so not at all surprised, especially since it was a problem before the AA was in! LOL

LOL on stopping fast as a solution! Wonder if it'd make him stop screaming b/c one day I'm going to crash the car into something from that ear piercing noise he makes when he wants to be sleeping but can't get there! LOL ;) Funny how the AA that made him tip his head forward also let him sleep! It must be a new *feature*! LOL

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC