WWYD - grandma's car

Amy7707

DS is outgrowing the EFTA in grandma's car. He is 2y7m old, 28ish lbs and approx 37" tall. He is RF in my car in a MyRide and in DH's car in a Radian XTSL. We have a spare Avenue, but he's over the height limit.

So what would you do - have him FF in grandma's car (he rides with her once every 2 weeks)? Or put him RF in the Avenue (there is plenty of shell over his head)? Or something else?

My mom isn't the best at installing carseats. Even after I show her and let her do it with me there, she tends to do it wrong. She also takes the seat out pretty regularly even though she watches my niece every Wednesday. The 2 kids share the seat RF now.

I have a spare Radian and angle adjuster that I am going to try on Sunday, but I'm not convinced she'll leave it in all the time or be able to install it correctly if she does take it out.

ADS

Pixels

How is he outgrowing the EFTA? If he fits in an Avenue with several inches over his head, he should have plenty of height in the EFTA, and he's not near the weight limit.

Amy7707

How is he outgrowing the EFTA? If he fits in an Avenue with several inches over his head, he should have plenty of height in the EFTA, and he's not near the weight limit.

He has a big head :) I put a 1" book on his head last time he was in the EFTA and it was only about a 1/2" to the top of the shell. He probably has 2-3 inches over his head in the Avenue, but we don't use it regularly so I'm not certain. We used it this last week for one trip while we were waiting on the AA in DH's car and he wasn't close enough to the top for me to get out the book to measure since I knew it was a temporary situation.

I don't want to be constantly measuring in my mom's car since most of the time it is a quick drop off/pick up.

Syllieann

What about putting the spare radian and aa in your car and giving her the my ride? Should be easy to install w/ latch.

Amy7707

I just checked the measurements for the seats and the Avenue has about 1.25" more internal seating height than the EFTA, which is about the difference I'm seeing.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I just checked the measurements for the seats and the Avenue has about 1.25" more internal seating height than the EFTA, which is about the difference I'm seeing.

Are you thinking of the original Triumph? The Triumph Advance is taller than the Avenue.

Amy7707

What about putting the spare radian and aa in your car and giving her the my ride? Should be easy to install w/ latch.

I'll try that. The radian definitely doesn't work in my car without the AA, so I didn't think of that possibility. The MyRide is easy to install so that could work for her.

Amy7707

:eek: The radian with AA actually worked in my car!! I'm very excited about that since it will be easier for DS to climb into. And my car has a built in RF tether point under the front seat so I didn't even have to use the D-ring.

Now I'm hoping my mom will be able to do the MyRide without any problems. It is super easy to install, so hopefully she'll be ok with it. I'm going to miss the MyRide - I love it with the cupholders, easy to tighten harness and big comfy sides for sleeping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC