Hmm, I wonder how much time he has left RF in his R120?

zactayaus

Took this pic a few hours ago. Wondering if he'll make it to summer RF. I know everyone says kids torsos slow down once they reach a certain age which his did. His torso totally stopped growing for a long time and he actually grew some legs but now all of a sudden it seems like his shirts are getting short on him and he's edging closer and closer to the 1 1/2" rule of his R120.

So anyone want to place bets on how long before he outgrows this seat?:p I'm thinking it will be outgrown sometime this summer.

ETA: He is not wearing a winter jacket. It's a fleece lined wind breaker which is very car seat friendly.
103_0769.jpg

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It looks like he has two inches, so one inch of growing room. I'd definitely say he'll make it to summer, if not longer.

zactayaus

It looks like he has two inches, so one inch of growing room. I'd definitely say he'll make it to summer, if not longer.

See the RN's have a 1 1/2" rule not the 1" rule we are all used too. So yeah, I was thinking he only has 1/2" "maybe" and 1" to go. I hope he slows down again. I would love for him to be able to RF through another winter.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
See the RN's have a 1 1/2" rule not the 1" rule we are all used too. So yeah, I was thinking he only has 1/2" "maybe" and 1" to go. I hope he slows down again. I would love for him to be able to RF through another winter.

Oh, I thout they changed that back to 1, but I guess not. Oops! Even with 1/2 an inch I think he'll make it to summer unless he has a growth spurt. :)

zactayaus

Oh, I thout they changed that back to 1, but I guess not. Oops! Even with 1/2 an inch I think he'll make it to summer unless he has a growth spurt. :)

Hmm, maybe they did. Now I'll have to go look that up. lol.

Oh, and I just measured and he has just about 2 1/2" to the top of the shell so he should last a quite a bit longer as long as his darn torso knocks it the heck off!

ProudMommysince09

I don't know if you tried one, but the Angle Adjuster gave DD some growing room! I will post comparison pictures when I have time, but I was really surprised at the difference. We will probably not keep it, if you need one..

Cryssy Jane

I was just thinking the same thing with the boys coming dangerously close, but after measuring they've still got a good chunk to go it just doesn't look like it.

zactayaus

I don't know if you tried one, but the Angle Adjuster gave DD some growing room! I will post comparison pictures when I have time, but I was really surprised at the difference. We will probably not keep it, if you need one..

That pic is with the angle adjuster.;) Thanks though!

hrice

They said the 1.5 rule is to leave room for error when people measure from the cover and not the shell. ;)

monstah

I don't know why I want to post this picture but here is DS at 3.5 years old. I know most kids torsos slow way down by 2 or 3.... but not every kid. :p I have no idea when he would have outgrown it because he was over the weight limit at 2 years old. For lurkers: He was 40 pounds at 2 years old when no seats went past 35 pounds RF.

Last edited:

zactayaus

I don't know why I want to post this picture but here is DS at 3.5 years old. I know most kids torsos slow way down by 2 or 3.... but not every kid. :p I have no idea when he would have outgrown it because he was over the weight limit at 2.

And see it's kids like yours that make me worry about this in the first place.:p

Spam

Hopefully you'll make it through summer. Here's Austin last summer right after turning 3.
DSC02303.jpg
I know not the best pic, but eh it's what I got. He was pushing the weight limit too, luckily that has slowed down some.

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
Wow! Makes me realize how short my Patrick is. Looks like he is just over a year older (just turned 4 this week), but has at least 1-2 inches more RF height in his Radian than your boy. I've got a little shortstop!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC