Was anyone here in Myrtle Beach last week?

Kellyr2

Because at Planet Hollywood, on Sunday the 22nd, I was parked beside a Grand Caravan with 2 Regent's in the 3rd row, and I had to fight the urge to run back inside and scan the restaurant for a family with 2 kids who were the right size for Regents! :D
Seriously, how funny is it that I, with my 2 Huskies in the 3rd row, would be parked beside another van with 2 Regents back there?

ADS

lovinwaves

Because at Planet Hollywood, on Sunday the 22nd, I was parked beside a Grand Caravan with 2 Regent's in the 3rd row, and I had to fight the urge to run back inside and scan the restaurant for a family with 2 kids who were the right size for Regents! :D
Seriously, how funny is it that I, with my 2 Huskies in the 3rd row, would be parked beside another van with 2 Regents back there?

It wasn't me unfortunately, BUT the other day I saw a Van with two Regents!!!

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I am almost positive that was me:). Was it around 1:30pm- 3:00pm range? I was on vacation with a coworker, her two 6 year old 33 lb twins, and her adult cousin (in the middle row). We went to Planet Hollywood before we checked into the hotel so you got to see our van piled with beach goodies :D. That's so funny that we traveled eight hours and were spotted by fellow britax lovers.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I am almost positive that was me:). Was it around 1:30pm- 3:00pm range? I was on vacation with a coworker, her two 6 year old 33 lb twins, and her adult cousin (in the middle row). We went to Planet Hollywood before we checked into the hotel so you got to see our van piled with beach goodies :D. That's so funny that we traveled eight hours and were spotted by fellow britax lovers.

Now that's cool - to park next to someone else from the board. :thumbsup:

keri1292

That's sooo funny! I thought, "ha, ha, the worlds not THAT small/What are the odds?". How cool that you almost ran into someone from this board. I bet you wish that you did go in and track them down, now. I've never been to Myrtle beach but my bf gave it rave reviews from last summer!

Lys

Senior Community Member
Just wanted to say, being from SC and going to MB every summer before it became so commercial. I hate it! LOL
It's not the small community beach it used to be. I really miss that!

Kellyr2

Sorry, just now getting back to this.
Yep, it was a late lunch, so I'm sure it was you! That's so cool!

jamesmommy

Just wanted to say, being from SC and going to MB every summer before it became so commercial. I hate it! LOL
It's not the small community beach it used to be. I really miss that!

It's my hometown, and I totally agree with you. It has gotten way too big and busy. Although I miss my family, everytime I go up to see them, I appreciate my home in Central Florida even more :) .

Kellyr2

I'm not really a fan anymore, either. It was SOOO crowded. And we were just a block up from Ripley's, and went for a walk one evening, and could barely get down the sidewalk it was so crowded!

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I enjoyed myself simply because the water was warm. I live in MD and my parents own a timeshare in Ocean City, MD and the ocean is sooooo cold there. Not to mention that the timeshare is the third week in June so the air temperature is not usually hot either. I loved going to an ocean that you could just get into (not an inch at a time) and that you didn't need to immediately dry off and put sweatpants and a sweatshirt on when you got out.;)

broken4u05

I enjoyed myself simply because the water was warm. I live in MD and my parents own a timeshare in Ocean City, MD and the ocean is sooooo cold there. Not to mention that the timeshare is the third week in June so the air temperature is not usually hot either. I loved going to an ocean that you could just get into (not an inch at a time) and that you didn't need to immediately dry off and put sweatpants and a sweatshirt on when you got out.;)

I just went to Ocean City over the weekend and the water was warm. But it was very busy. I don't like is as much as i did when i was younger. Even more so because i was with my friend and her son and busy places are hard with kids

abckidsmom

We were in MB last week, and I swear I saw more wacko carseat situations in those few days than in half a year here. Babies in arms in the car, old, crappy seats...it was crazy. Dh ended up just telling me to hush up, because I was driving everyone CRAZY with my grumbling.

jpzec

Try staying a little farther north of "the strip". We were in the vicinity of 70th Ave. and it really wasn't that bad this year, even in mid-July. It was still close to everything (Broadway at the Beach, convention center - we were there for a dance competition, restaurants, Barefoot Landing) but minus the cruising young folks!

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I get cold very easily. We have a pool in our backyard and its temperature is 92- 94 degrees. If it gets much lower than 88, I don't want to get in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC