Seven year warranty on Advocate at Buy Buy Baby?

ADS

jjordan

First I've heard of it. Interesting. So, basically an extra $10 for the "XE" pack. I wonder what is included in the warranty.

YinzerMama

Would love to know what the warranty covers.

I would have to argue you'd get more value going with any number of lower priced seats.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
This is not a seat I am looking to buy. Just wondering about the warranty.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I thought I heard of a warranty you could buy at certain retailers. Just wondering if that is the case, or just a weird way of saying what the longevity of the seat is.

YinzerMama

The manual for it actually says it is good for 7 years so yeah I wonder if that is a way of drawing attention to the fact?

I feel like extended warranties can be so gimmicky, if a company is really going to stand behind its product they should stand behind it, no matter what. You shouldn't have to buy it at one particular store where the price is higher to get more coverage. It's like $100 less on Amazon for the current version.

(Mamas and Papas is doing this in the US - they say on their website their products are only covered if you buy them at BRU. I feel like its another angle of price fixing and I don't like it at all)

eta - I will admit I buy things at LL Bean or REI, because of the life long warranty, but they give you that coverage whether you pay full price or sale price - it's more their way of saying "we sell quality." This doesn't seem like it's BBB standing behind the seat, it seems like it's Britax saying if you buy it there, we'll give you more coverage - so it's different IMO. This is listed on Britax's page as well as BBB, I could be wrong but I think it's a Britax promotion.

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/advocate-70-cs/product-bundles

They don't list anyone else as doing it. But they do seem to have an XE version of all the new gen seats with a 7 year warranty at BBB... I dunno... seems fishy to me. It's like a new version of the BRU exclusive covers, such as wicker, which I paid extra for on a RA40 when DS1 was a baby, because it was so soft and looked so nice with his eyes... :D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC