If we love cowmoo will we hate livia?

Athena

I'm becoming increasingly tempted to get another Frontier 85. We love our soft cowmoo, but I'd like some variety and, although I've only seen it in pictures, the raspberry looking color on that Livia looks so pretty. But I've read too many contradicting posts here about the feel of it and I'm wondering if someone who is spoiled by cowmoo would hate livia. Is it just a matter of personal preference and I won't know until we experience it? Does it really feel like a nylon jacket? I can't decide if that would be too cold in winter. I wish they offered more soft covers or more interesting Frontier covers in general. Thanks.

ADS

momtotwogirls

We have both and love both. My oldest asks me to change them out about every month or so. Right now we have the Livia on. It is slick but its not cold really. the only complaint I have it that its starting to stain where my daughters legs bend over the end of the seat im guessing from her jeans. I tried to clean it with just wiping but it didnt work. Im going to try and wash in the washer when I change it again.

lovemy2kidstw

momtotwogirls said:
We have both and love both. My oldest asks me to change them out about every month or so. Right now we have the Livia on. It is slick but its not cold really. the only complaint I have it that its starting to stain where my daughters legs bend over the end of the seat im guessing from her jeans. I tried to clean it with just wiping but it didnt work. Im going to try and wash in the washer when I change it again.

My daughters is stained in the same spot. I washed it, but it's still stained. It's not that noticeable because it's not that light of a pink. DD has never complained of it being too cold or hot. I like the Livia & would like to eventually get a cowmoo to switch out. I really wish they would make a cowmoo/ Livia cover!! Now that would be perfect ;)

YinzerMama

I think it feels like good quality snow pants.

I'm one of the ones whose kids were foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Livia.

I do with they'd make more soft cow like covers... I was really expecting soft and plush with Livia.

You can always return or sell it. I got $60 + shipping for mine on Ebay so I didn't lose TOO much for my foley. (folly?)

Athena

So we've got two that like livia, but I don't like the sounds of the staining problem. I've had such great luck with my Britax covers staying nice, but they were always the soft ones.

Is it a deep raspberry color like I'm thinking it is? I wish I could find one to see it in person.

I think it feels like good quality snow pants.

I'm one of the ones whose kids were foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Livia.

I do with they'd make more soft cow like covers... I was really expecting soft and plush with Livia.

You can always return or sell it. I got $60 + shipping for mine on Ebay so I didn't lose TOO much for my foley. (folly?)

Are your kids normally particular about fabrics or just didn't like this?

I probably will buy somewhere I can return (e.g. amazon), but I would consider buying elsewhere for a great deal. I feel like I shouldn't even be buying it, so I really should try for a great deal. ;)

YinzerMama

I wouldn't say they are normally particular about fabric. One of them really LOVES pink so I would have thought she would like this seat no matter what but all they did was fight.

To be fair there is a special sort of anger that exists between 3yo twins.

Athena

I forgot to ask, what is the black fabric on the sides like? Does it have the same feel as the livia part? Thanks.

YinzerMama

The black has a sort of polyester bathrobe feel to it... it's not plush like cow, but it's not slick like Livia. Flame retardant PJs. Not sure how better to describe it.

lovemy2kidstw

I can post a picture of DD in the seat if you'd like. The sides are a softer suede type material. I think mine may be stained because DD puts her feet in the seat when I pick her up from preschool. I have to set her in the seat & close the door so I cam buckle DS in on the other side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC