Lets see YOUR Maestros!!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Here's mine, it's one of the only seats that fits nicely in the back of my 98 Dodge Dakota Club Cab:

6-18-11003.jpg

Sam is a couple months shy of 3 in this picture, probably around 30 pounds and just under the first harness slot. He's 3 1/2 now, about 33 pounds and on the 2nd harness slot.

christineka

I only had it to try out. Dd is 7 years old, 39.5 pounds with a 15ish inch torso.

maestroKharnessedJan12.jpg

It was impossible for her to buckle as a booster (and difficult for me as well)
maestrokboosterjan12.jpg

msg221

I would, but I just shipped it off today to its new home in Colorado! I can't believe that I forgot to take a pic of it installed in my car when I tried it. It was a nice, easy install! No kid ever rode in it though. I bought it for Nour as a car pool seat, and before she could use it, she was no longer carpooling!

tam_shops

I can't believe how many choices you guys get, we only have green (this year) and I'm not loving it. Bought it, but don't love it and am debating returning it...

Last year we had the red one, though I thought it had traditional style buckles, though it's our d/c seat so I install it w/ another friend, but never use it...I liked the red one! Plain boring and simple! LOL

tam

zactayaus

Oh how I wish I had one with the other style buckle I'm seeing in everyone's pics. I bought this seat for MIL and she's having a heck of a time trying to buckle it. It's like the new Graco buckles. Very hard to snap those tongs in. :(

He was 2y 9m, 34.5lbs, 39", with a 14.5" torso. 2nd to the top slots.
103_0424.jpg

103_0426.jpg

103_0413.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Oh how I wish I had one with the other style buckle I'm seeing in everyone's pics. I bought this seat for MIL and she's having a heck of a time trying to buckle it. It's like the new Graco buckles. Very hard to snap those tongs in. :(

Can she grasp the buckle at the back of the top edge and the bottom edge in the front, and then when she pushes the buckle tongue in, move her fingers to the top? It doesn't go straight in, it kind of almost has a slight angle as it locks in to place.

Once you get used to the direction/method, then it's not hard - it's just different. I'm actually starting to like the new buckle better than the older styles the more I use them. :eek:

zactayaus

Can she grasp the buckle at the back of the top edge and the bottom edge in the front, and then when she pushes the buckle tongue in, move her fingers to the top? It doesn't go straight in, it kind of almost has a slight angle as it locks in to place.

Once you get used to the direction/method, then it's not hard - it's just different. I'm actually starting to like the new buckle better than the older styles the more I use them. :eek:

Well I actually have an old style buckle on it's way from glockchick now.:) Hoping that will solve my MIL buckling issues.:eek:

longstocking

I don't have a picture of my DS who is 4 years old in June. A few things about this seat in my opinion: the straps are very narrow and bug him rubbing on his neck. I'm curious if anyone else has a problem with shaving the skin of their thumb/finger when they tighten/loosen the straps? There is an extremely sharp edge where the release button is on front. DH and I have had many a bloody knuckle. I too have an extremely hard time unbuckling the straps. This is for sure not my favorite seat, but, the price was right.

love-pink

I don't have a picture of my DS who is 4 years old in June. A few things about this seat in my opinion: the straps are very narrow and bug him rubbing on his neck. I'm curious if anyone else has a problem with shaving the skin of their thumb/finger when they tighten/loosen the straps? There is an extremely sharp edge where the release button is on front. DH and I have had many a bloody knuckle. I too have an extremely hard time unbuckling the straps. This is for sure not my favorite seat, but, the price was right.

A lot of people complain about how close together the straps are. You can use socks with the toes cut off for harness covers. Im going to sew a thin pair myself.

As far as the sharp piece, Ive never felt that and Ive adjusted and tried dd out in Maestros at a few different stores now. I would definitely call Evenflo and complain about that. You shouldnt have to endure being cut up each time you use the seat :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC