As promised, Quads seats pics

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Okay so Tuesday night, the Mom & Dad of the new quads came out to my home to get their new car seats. Mom is only 1 1/2 weeks after her c-section and babies are still in NICU. She's doing great! It was snowing like crazy when they got here so I explained everything I could inside and then Mom stayed in where it was warm and Dad came out with me.

They drive a 2005 Ford Freestar. I installed while Dad watched with the 3 in the back. It was a tight fit, any more width and they would NOT have fit. They look SO cute in there! I love the CCO seats!
Then we moved to the center row. I had Dad install the Maestro for the 2yo (she's huge) and then I taught him to install the other CCO. He's got it down but could not get it tight with LATCH so all are seatbelt installs.

The 2yo was in an AOE with rope straps and a LATCH install FF through the RF belt path. Sigh. At least that's fixed now, she's moving to the Maestro since she's getting close to 40lbs already.

Okay, pics (Dad promised me pics of the babies in the seats too and gave me permission to post them here when I get them).

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Man, Combi can even make red and orange look good together. Love it! You should post some of those on Combi's Facebook page.

jeminijad

I sat here for a good 90 seconds pondering why they thought they needed rope to install the 2 year old's seat before I realized it mean horribly twisted straps :eek:

So glad they've got a car that can accomodate 5 seats! And its a good thing quads are small, so those Coccoros can last a long while.

creideamh

So cute, and you got them all Euro routed!!! Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

MorgieBear'sMama

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Ashley- Mom to Morgan 2/25/04 riding in SK Monterey and Cleck Olli, Jackson and Colton 11/1/10 riding in Diono R120's and Recaro ProRIDE's

YinzerMama

What is the love for this seat? It seems awfully pricey for a seat that doesn't go past 40 pounds, not a practical pick for quads. Can someone clue me in? :eek: Do they fit very small babies? Were they on sale?

(It's pretty! It just doesn't seem practical)

(i also would have done buckets, you can handle two at once easier)

Last edited:

lovemybabybug

An Aurora said:
Yeah no kidding. I am all for convertibles from birth, but if I had multiples I would be all over infant seats :eek:

So so so agree with this. Imagine the back and forth in and out of the house loading all of the babies up? Wow

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There was NO WAY that infant seats would fit without taking them off the bases, though, which would lead to reinstalling every time. Buying a new vehicle was not an option (the quads were spontaneously concieved, no fertility assistance, so, uh... not really in the plan to pay for four babies at once!) No matter what you do, with 4 babies it's gonna be time-consuming and rough! Combi was generous to donate four seats that would fit the babies (born early because, well, quads) properly and fit the vehicle properly as well. :love:

I'm sure Combi will have pics on their Facebook page, since they were promised that. :D

Lori, I want to thank you so much for helping this family. It means so much to them, their family out here, and me that you took all this time. And thank you so much for helping them get a proper seat for the 2 year old too! I really appreciate all the effort and time you put in!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
What is the love for this seat? It seems awfully pricey for a seat that doesn't go past 40 pounds, not a practical pick for quads. Can someone clue me in? :eek: Do they fit very small babies? Were they on sale?

(It's pretty! It just doesn't seem practical)

(i also would have done buckets, you can handle two at once easier)

The Coccoro? Is amazing. It is very small so it fits fabulously in tiny cars, and in tight three-across situations (such as in the 3rd row of the van in the OP). It's rated to 3 (or is it 4?) pounds so it can accommodate very small infants, and it has amazing infant padding.

True, it's expensive, and it's small so it's outgrown sooner than other seats on the market, but it's a niche seat and it's great at what it does.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
There was NO WAY that infant seats would fit without taking them off the bases, though, which would lead to reinstalling every time. No matter what you do, with 4 babies it's gonna be time-consuming and rough! Combi was generous to donate four seats that would fit the babies (born early because, well, quads) properly and fit the vehicle properly as well. :love:

I'm sure Combi will have pics on their Facebook page, since they were promised that.

I didn't realize Combi comped the seats. That was awesome of them :love:

YinzerMama

The Coccoro? Is amazing. It is very small so it fits fabulously in tiny cars, and in tight three-across situations (such as in the 3rd row of the van in the OP). It's rated to 3 (or is it 4?) pounds so it can accommodate very small infants, and it has amazing infant padding.

True, it's expensive, and it's small so it's outgrown sooner than other seats on the market, but it's a niche seat and it's great at what it does.

i see.

so there's not really any reason i could justify one. that orange color is yummy. :D

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm planning one as an alternative to an infant seat from birth. :)

Yes, and I have one and love it. I bought it when my son was a year old and he's still using it rear-facing at 2.5. We also plan on more children to hand it down to. It has worked great for us :)

daniele_ut

i see.

so there's not really any reason i could justify one. that orange color is yummy. :D

My four year old still fits in our orange CCO. We use it for a travel seat because it is so light and easy to carry. She's almost too tall for it, but we'll keep using it for a travel seat for DS2 when he outgrows his KeyFit.

Lori- I think it's awesome that you were able to help the family!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC