Is this safe?

ADS

mum2two

I think it would be ok for the booster, although it might make it slide around more making it harder to get into...BUT that Turbo booster in the picture is missing the screws on the armrest..a pet peeve of everyone here!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
It would be better if it had some kind of cover over the compartments so the toys and things wouldn't go flying in an accident.

featherhead

my question would be can the child actually reach the stuff in the pockets without leaning totally out of the seatbelt?

Phineasmama

All I can think of is the pencils turning into projectiles and blinding everyone!!!

I wouldn't think the organizer itself would be unsafe though. Just the stuff you put in it :eek:

YinzerMama

I'm not so worried about the projectile dangers as the crayons and pencils etc all over the floor of my car... this is like one of those "I'm such a crafty mom, look at this picture of what I made for my children because I am so awesome!" things that looks FABULOUS on your blog with all your other carefully staged pics of how awesome your life is... but that just doesn't really pan out so great in the real world with real kids because it's too much work to maintain that level of organization. (At least, I don't see MY kids keeping them that tidy)

Like those crayon rolls that were big a couple years ago... sure they're cute and look great in pictures on your blog but what kid actually keeps their crayons stored in there? I prefer the red solo cup route myself. Proceed to party.

Somewhat OT but wrt crayons in cars - I still remember how angry my dad was when a box of crayons melted into the carpet of our 77 Olds station wagon. Never thought about leaving crayons in the car in the sun. I guess if you do want to have crayons in your car it's better to go cheap and not Crayola.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/scientific-proof-that-rose-art-crayons-suck

(I know the Ikeahacker pic had pencils, not crayons - just saying. It's an interesting comparison)

Last edited:

henrietta

FWIW, cheap crayons will melt in the car far more often and quickly than the Crayolas...speaking from experience..LOL

YinzerMama

Maybe Ross is kind of medium grade? LOL I don't allow crayons in the car period after what happened when we were kids. It was seriously epic.

Athena

Did anyone read the comments (or post any)? I saw one saying it was fine to use this under an infant seat. Personally, I'm wondering how the infant is going to reach it and what this long armed infant is going to use it for. But seriously, isn't it not okay to put random things within the install of an infant seat?

BUT that Turbo booster in the picture is missing the screws on the armrest..a pet peeve of everyone here!

Did you tell them? Is that very dangerous?

mum2two

Did anyone read the comments (or post any)? I saw one saying it was fine to use this under an infant seat. Personally, I'm wondering how the infant is going to reach it and what this long armed infant is going to use it for. But seriously, isn't it not okay to put random things within the install of an infant seat?

Did you tell them? Is that very dangerous?

Yes I commented that the person who had the booster seat should install the screws, where the screws were originally (in the box) and to contact Graco if they couldn't locate the screws. The screws provide stability for the armrests in event of a crash is my understanding and the seat is tested with the screws installed so that is how the seat is supposed to be used.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC