Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

I am flying from wa to wi, then amtrack home...

I am flying from WA to WI and then taking amtrack home, I have a tfp and radian rxt to choose from for seats, dd2 will be a lap baby both ways, but I was gonna put ds2 in the carseat on the plane and booster him while in WI so dd2 can have a carseat.... I don't remember having seatbelts on amtrack??? I don't want to check the carseat on the way home... Is there over head storage so I can store the radian do u think?

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

We took Amtrak from Edmonds to Vancouver bc. No seatbelts and an rxt will not fit in the overhead storage, we tried. :-/ we ended up just putting our bag (jjb bp) and the folded rxt next to me and put Matthew by daddy on the other side of the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar

Re: I am flying from wa to wi, then amtrack home...

im assuming you'll be taking the empire builder back from WI.... you should be able to store the radian in the overhead bins... but keep in mind only the lower level of coach has overhead storage, if i recall...

the overhead storage on the amtrak cascades line is a lot smaller so thats why crystal couldnt store it on that trip....

The upper level of the Superliner coaches (which is what the Empire Builder uses) do have overhead storage, plus there's plenty of carry-on baggage room for whatever seat you bring, whether you're in coach or a sleeping car.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar

ah.. okay... i just remember my car not having storage up above... but im prob wrong

i took the train to WI 2x but i was younger...no tables, it was just like an airplane but more room haha
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5