Spinning carseat

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Check this out - from an invention website. I can't imagine! In a crash, the poor kid would go bonkers!

Invention #10: SF, Last one! Guy lost daughter in a car accident. It's a car seat that's a little bubble, so in the impact the kid/baby rotates - it's a better car seat for kids.!

img413_571.jpg

ADS

Melizerd

LOL it's an interesting concept though and the reason behind while he started is horrible but touching.

At least he's TRYING to make something better.

lynsgirl

He won the American Inventor show (right title?) for that and got $$ for further development/marketing, plus Evenflo ( of ALL companies! OY!) picked it up :cool:. NAK right now, or I'd look it all up lol.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
He won the American Inventor show (right title?) for that and got $$ for further development/marketing, plus Evenflo ( of ALL companies! OY!) picked it up :cool:. NAK right now, or I'd look it all up lol.

Oh, really?!? Wow. I just thought it was an invention idea that never went any further. I don't know if I'd want one for my child, but I'd love to get ahold of one and see how works - or see a crashtest video - LOL!

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i knwo he was on american inventor...i think its actually what got me into carseats...i cant remember :p...

Jmark

not a half bad idea if they make it so it just absorbs excess movement and doesnt move the child. basically a G reduction.

mommycat

I would like to see a crash test, for sure. I mean, barfing and dizzy is a lot better than injured or dead... so if it performs better, why not?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the update, Jean! The more-developed product sure looks better. But, geez! Look at the size of that base! Not to mention the plexiglass cover which seems like it might be rather dangerous if broken/shattered...

ETA: Nolan was just looking at it and said, "Mommy, how do you fit that *whole* tube thing into your car and onto the seat?"

8aneciasurvivalcapsule.jpg

southpawboston

Just the idea of swooshing around like that makes me want to barf :thumbsdown:

i doubt it would swoosh around just driving around. i think it would only rotate about the shell upon serious impact.

not a half bad idea if they make it so it just absorbs excess movement and doesnt move the child. basically a G reduction.

right. i think that's the idea. i don't think the inner cradle is designed to "float around" freely.

But, geez! Look at the size of that base! Not to mention the plexiglass cover which seems like it might be rather dangerous if broken/shattered...

there are some clear polymers out there *far* stronger than ANY of the plastics used in carseats today. i would expect that they thought of that already.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
i doubt it would swoosh around just driving around. i think it would only rotate about the shell upon serious impact.

I'm not so sure... one of the articles I read about it said that the soft rocking motion should put babies to sleep while driving down the road. The idea makes me feel a little woozy...

ETA: But the more I read, the more I realized it's not a 'free' spin in a crash. It just rotates the child some so their back/seat absorbs the remaining force. Anyone else get that impression after reading about it?

southpawboston

I'm not so sure... one of the articles I read about it said that the soft rocking motion should put babies to sleep while driving down the road. The idea makes me feel a little woozy...

ETA: But the more I read, the more I realized it's not a 'free' spin in a crash. It just rotates the child some so their back/seat absorbs the remaining force. Anyone else get that impression after reading about it?

i haven't read it... but if it actually does rotate around over bumps and regular driving... then maybe for infants it is a good thing. i mean, babies don't get nauseated bobbing around when being worn, right? (think of all that bobbing!)

Melizerd

3. Is the Anecia Survival Capsule too big? The Anecia is not as big as it looks when they do close ups on TV. It’s only about 20% larger than a classic baby seat. It looks big because of the protective sides and the fact that the baby is lying down instead of being propped up. The seat is actually a series of pieces – the base unit is attached to the existing seat belt system. The dome capsule snaps into that. The cradle for the baby is removable – making it easy to lift the baby in and out – and to attach to an optional stroller frame. The Capsule is the size it is to insure Maximum Safety. It could easily be made smaller – however the current design PROTECTS THE ENTIRE FOOTPRINT – so to insure that in the event of a crash there is nothing to stop rotation and cause sudden jolts or impacts. The ultimate design of the seat will fit 95% of the cars registered in the USA. It’s anticipated that the first generation of seats will be for infants up to 7 months of age. This is the age when it is most important to protect the delicate head and neck of infants

4. What will it cost? Current deluxe infant seats cost about $250. It’s estimated that The Anecia will be about $295. Given the short time that the seat is used (up to age 7 months) – a marketing strategy is being looked at to build a special version for use as a rental. Parents could rent the Anecia for the 7 months – saving money and peace of mind

http://inventorspot.com/node/937

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC