Who goes up front?

mominabigtruck

My transmission went out on my van so since it's so old and it's already on it's 2nd tranny we're just going to scrap it out. That leaves me driving dh's volvo sedan until I find something else and he's driving my dad's crappy ranger.

I have both babies rear facing in a blvd and a rn and then I have a couple backless boosters and a fr85. Normally I just have both older boys in literiders and ds1 sits up front but ds2 can't buckle and unbuckle himself since it's such a tight fit and he gets super upset so I'm wondering if maybe I should put the fr85 up front? The boys are pretty much the same size, ds1 is a couple lbs heavier but ds2 is bipolar and gets very easily upset.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

munchkin

Do you have any other RF seats? Does DS2 fit in the radian? I would want the radian up front first, then the frontier harnessed, and last a booster kid.

Pixels

Is anyone FF harnessed? Or could be re-harnessed with a minimum of angst?

I don't have your kids' ages and sizes memorized, and I don't know if you're referring to using the FR in booster mode only or harnessed.

mominabigtruck

I have 2 blvds, a rn, cco, efta, avenue, the fr85 is used hanessed, ds2 is right at the top slot so that's the only seat he fits in. Both big boys are mid 60slb, ds3 is 37lbs and dd is 20lbs. Ds3 is almost 3 and could go ffing if that would help. The volvo only has a driver airbag and the middle back is lap only and none of the seatbelts lock, headrests in outboard positions.
Posted via Mobile Device

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If the boys are "mid 60" pounds, the Frontier probably cannot be used in the front seat because it must be tethered after 65#.

Pixels

I have 2 blvds, a rn, cco, efta, avenue, the fr85 is used hanessed, ds2 is right at the top slot so that's the only seat he fits in. Both big boys are mid 60slb, ds3 is 37lbs and dd is 20lbs. Ds3 is almost 3 and could go ffing if that would help. The volvo only has a driver airbag and the middle back is lap only and none of the seatbelts lock, headrests in outboard positions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wait, for sure no passenger airbag? Then one of the RFers goes in front. ETA: I see that you're trying to avoid having DS2 in a booster in back, due to the tight three across. If he's under 65 and/or a tether is available, then put the FR in back in harnessed mode for him. If he's over 65, then the only choices I see left are putting DS2 in front in a booster he can buckle, or just dealing with the fact that he has to be in a booster in a tight three across, unfortunately.

EmmaGrace'sMom

I would do the smallest of the big boys in the FR in front or in the RN if he fits. DS3 RF RN or avenue/blvd, DD CCO, DS1 literider

mominabigtruck

I just weighed ds2 and he is 59lbs, I've been out of ice cream treats all week so he must've lost a lb or two. Definitely no airbag, it's a 91 240. The two youngest are the only ones that fit in the rn and that's the only seat Ds3 fits rfing in.
Posted via Mobile Device

luckyclov

No airbag? That's easy - RFer up front. Assuming, of course, there's adequate "stuff" in the back to keep everyone else properly restrained (i.e. lap/shoulder belt and head support - if applicable - for any booster riders).

mominabigtruck

Ok, I put dd in the front in a blvd, ds3 middle rfing in the rn and ds2 in a literider passenger side and drove to school and that did not work at all. Ds3 kept trying to kick/touch ds2 and then ds2 got mad and would kick the front seat. And omg, we went through the drive thru and ds2 didn't have a cupholder and it was the end of the world. I felt kinda bad dropping him off at school he was so upset but better that than have to drive clear home with him like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

momtoo3

Can you switch the 2 RFers? So ds3 up front in the RN and dd in the middle with the BLVD? With the BLVD being higher it "should" be harder for her to try to kick ds2 and I have found it is easier to buckle a booster next to a seat that sits on a base. I feel your pain on not wanting to set the bipolar child off :).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC