Tell me about the Titan

jewlsvern

My sister just purchased a Titan for grandma to use in her car. Baby is 10 months old and about 19lbs. What are the pros/cons of this seat? She paid around $100. Is there anything else at this price point that might be a better seat? It has not been opened yet.

ADS

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I loved my Titan. However, it is outgrown a bit early as the top slots are not super tall. It's a good lightweight seat with quite a lot of padding. It's easy to install and fits itty-bitty babies very well (not that she needs that).
There is no way a child will make it to 50 lbs. in that thing! Unless they are short and super chunky.

My 5yo fit in it FF until she was 3.5. My 2.5yo outgrew it RF just barely.

jewlsvern

My niece is in 95% for height. So is it not a good option if outgrown by height early? The seat will stay in grandmas car and by used 1-2 times a week on average.

christineka

It's a fine seat, but won't last any longer than the $40 scenera. (In fact, the scenera might last a tad longer.) If money is an issue, I'd recommend returning and buying the scenera, so she can buy a bigger seat later.

StillThankful

I had a Titan as well and loved it for DD1--it was my first car seat that I purchased:)

There are other car seats in the price point or below:

--Cosco APT on sale for $45 from Kmart right now Rf and FF to 40# http://www.kmart.com/cosco-apt-40rf-convertible-car-seat-pinwheel/p-024W004269305000P
--Safety 1st Aquos 65 on sale for $119 w/ a 20% off coupon at BRU-- 40# rf/ 65# ff http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12003514
--Evenflo Triumph Advance bouquet 50 on sale for $99--personal favorite--rf 35#/ff 50# http://www.albeebaby.com/evenflo-triumph-advance-lx-convertible-car-seat-bouquet.html

You stated that your niece is in 95% for height--is she more torso than legs? Torso really matters when it concerns car seats.

The extra tall seats are above $100: First Years True Fit http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First...Seat-Great-Outdoors/13396562?findingMethod=rr (Premier is more expensive), Safety st complete air , and radian seats.

Last edited:

jeminijad

Titan is more padded than a Scenera, and IMO installs more easily. It is also very good for puzzling when you need a seat with a narrow base- only like 11" across on the bottom.

Not a $100 seat, though.

Brianna

--Evenflo Triumph Advance bouquet 50 on sale for $99--personal favorite--rf 35#/ff 50#--http://www.albeebaby.com/evenflo-triumph-advance-lx-convertible-car-seat-bouquet.html

Are these currently being produced? I thought all the current EFTs have a 40RF/65FF limit. I don't know for sure and I don't want OP or anyone else to think they're getting a great deal if it's an older DOM seat. Does anybody know for sure?

mominabigtruck

I prefer the titan over most cosco seats but definitely not for $100. She must've just went out and bought it, no sale or coupon. For $100 you can get an evenflo triumph advanced or a myride and both of those seats would last way longer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mysweethoneybee

I bought an Evenflo Titan (a fancy model not sure what it was called) for my son when he was 10 months old. He is tall with an extra long torso, but he outgrow the Titan by 20 months because his head was too close to the top for rear facing and his shoulders were too tall for forward facing. I also had leather seats and a captain chair in a Dodge Caravan and when it was rear-facing I would have it super tight and then I would take him out when we got somewhere and the seat would practically fall over backwards and I would have to reinstall. I guess it was incompatible with my van or something. Anyway I hated hated hated that seat. I got an Evenflo Triumph and it was like heaven compared to the Titan. But then I hear of other people that love the Titan.

VoodooChile

I could never get to the harness adjuster when the seat was rear-facing, and dd outgrew it by height at 16 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC