Anyone with an '05-'07 Caravan/T&C?

Maggie

I have an '06 Town and Country and I'm having a really hard time finding seats that work in the back row because of the placement of the belts and because of the slope of the seats. Making it worse I think, is the fact that the seats are leather.

I can not find a booster that works. It bunches up and then if my daughter moves at all, it creates slack and won't let the belt retract back.

I am also having a hard time getting the frontier in back there. It got it in with the latch in the middle, but it is SO reclined and my dd wants to be more upright.

So, tell me what booster or FF seat (can be a convertible, not just FF only seats. I just need it to install FF) you have back there. I'm getting super frustrated. :(

ADS

Phineasmama

I have the newer body style but the seats are quite sloped. Someone told me in the car safety subforum that the Britax parkway is really the only booster that works well.

Maggie

Are you able to install the prosport in either of the outboard positions in the 3rd row? I was actually thinking about getting a prosport.

Phineasmama

I can check tomorrow and report back! It's 9 PM here and extremely cold and dark outside :p

Uh, which you would know I guess since we are apparently in the same state lol! If you're anywhere near me feel free to stop by and try it out!

Maggie

Oh, no need to uninstall and reinstall. I just thought maybe you'd tried there before. I can't get my Frontier in outboard because the belt isn't long enough to do long belt path and it's not tight at all with short belt.

I'm in WI too. You're right, it is darn cold out! :p

Phineasmama

Not a big deal, I have to take a bunch of boxes to the recycling center tomorrow so I have to uninstall the prosport anyways :rolleyes: I wish they would just take my crap from the curb!!!

Phineasmama

Oh but the Prosport is a lot easier to install with the seat belt than the Frontier IMHO. I used to have a frontier and I traded with someone because I liked the 3pt seat belt install with the Prosport so much better than the nearly impossible LBP install with the Frontier!

Maggie

Ok, that's good to know. Because yeah. I was really close to kicking the frontier tonight. :p

Mysweethoneybee

I have a Dodge Grand Caravan 2006 and I even have trouble getting Marathons and Blvds tight in the back seat and then they are majorly reclined. When we bought it I only tried the carseat we had in the seat we wanted it in, not thinking I might want to haul more carseat kids. I know for boosters none of the highback ones I tried worked in the back row. I tried the cheap evenflo big kid from walmart, and the SKJP Monterey and Diono Monterey and none of those work with the seatbelt back there.

aept

Phineasmama said:
I have the newer body style but the seats are quite sloped. Someone told me in the car safety subforum that the Britax parkway is really the only booster that works well.

I have a '10 Dodge grand caravan, and the parkway only works in the center seat of the third row. The outboard seatbelts are too far forward to work with it (and a lot of other hbb's, apparently.) In the center the shoulder belt comes from the trunk ceiling area and that routes and retracts ok through the parkway shoulder belt guide.
I'm not sure how the '10 version of the car compares to the '05-'07 but I have heard they are pretty similar.

Maggie

What the heck were you doing up at 1 in the morning Jeni?!

I don't have a shoulder belt in the middle. Just lap belt. So yeah. I guess a booster back there is a no go. :/

keri1292

I have Parkways, the original SGs I believe and they absolutely don't work. The Monterey doesn't work either. The belt gets horribly stuck. The only boosters I've been able to use are the Jane Indy booster (discontinued) and the Compass B540. A backless booster is impossible in the back row. The belt is about 4 inches from my dd's shoulder in a backless. When she outgrows the Jane, I'll switch her to the center row until she 5 steps back there. I hate this van with a passion. We did the ProSport in the offset LATCH seat and it was great. We have a Radian XT that is nice there too. I'd avoid installing on the outboard seats due to the lack of top tethers if at all possible. Q is in the XT in the offset postion. I'll move him to a booster when he exhausts the LATCH limit.

laccaycol

I have an 05 T&C and i have a frontier in the middle in the back. Lap belt only but it doesnt move at all also put a Monterey back there on the driver side with no problems. mine isnt leather though.

laccaycol

Its the older frontier though
coltoninvan-1.jpg

fyrfightermomma

I have an 06. I've had no issues with a prospect or frontier. However boosters are a freaking nightmare. I haven't found one that works yet. You can't even pull the belt out!!!!

I'm in wi too :)

Maggie

:/ Not what I was hoping to hear. I was hoping to be able to have 2 in the back row, one in the captain chair and the other captain stowed...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC