Question Keeping seat backs clean with rear facers

carseatfreak

Is there anything I can use to cover the back of the seat where my RF'ers feet touch? Now that we are becoming more independent and walking by ourselves I noticed the ick is accumulating on the vehicle seat fabric. Taking shoes off and on every time doesn't work for us.

Thanks,
Amanda

ADS

T4K

The same kickmats they make for forward facers can be used. I prefer a thin towel. I punch out holes where the headrest goes, then the headrest keeps it in place. And it's easily washable.

aeormsby

:yeahthat:

I just got the kind that were meant to be used on the back of the front seat for FF kids. Only ever used them for my RF kids though.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've seen a sheet used, too- the lady stapled it down and cut slits for belt buckles and belts.

aept

Are you allowed to tuck the seat-back cover in between the carseat and the seat back?

This is what I have in my car. They are extremely thin but waterproof. I put them on my seats and then installed the car seats in front of them. They are just about an inch below the edge of the car seat.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Protective-Kick-Mats/dp/B0043WFNM6"]Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Protective Kick Mats: Baby[/ame]

rxmommy

I have a thin towel installed under the seat and brought up to the headrest. I used to fight to keep it tucked in the headrest/armrests but it never stayed so I bought a bib clip - goes around the headrest, keeps the towel clipped in place. Works awesome!

The ick that accumulates on that towel in between her seat and the towel/bottom of the seat.....yuck. Yeah, I hear ya. Especially in the winter and Sophie's request anytime we go outside - "I walk in snow?" :rolleyes: Yes, please, sweetheart, walk in the snow - make sure you get the dirt, too!

penguingrooves

i've used an old adult t-shirt with a rope through the arms/sleeves, then tie the rope securely underneath the headrest. i've also used a hooter hider (aka, bebe au lait).

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
For my friend's car (and I think I'm going to get one for mine too, because it works great in hers), we got the Sunshine Kids Grip cover thing. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it gets really narrow at the seat bight part (narrower than it looks in the picture). We just cut off that bottom part, so it's only the seat back. It's completely waterproof, and whatever dirt is on shoe bottoms kind of sticks to the grippy material, so it doesn't shower down onto the carseat (if that makes sense).

It's also really thin, but not remotely something that I would use under a car seat during installation. Also, for people with texture issues, it's kind of squicky, because of the rubbery-ness. I don't touch it very much :eek:

PunkyMonkey

I think Britax is supposed to be coming out with one of these.

I personally use a receiving blanket. :)

I just ordered these:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZVV0P2/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details"]Amazon.com: Britax 2 Pack Kick Mats, Black: Baby[/ame]

The only cheaper ones I saw that looked decent were grey and I have all black interior so I figured why not get the Britax ones! They haven't shipped yet they were pre-order until today!

PunkyMonkey

Oh wait... I guess I didn't look very hard LOL...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Brica-Pack-Kick-Mats-Black/dp/B004L2JJC8/ref=pd_cp_ba_0"]Amazon.com: Brica 2 Pack Kick Mats, Black: Baby[/ame]

Those look nice too, good reviews!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Those Britax ones look almost identical to the SafeFit brand one I use. I have it attached to my top tether anchor(along with my mirror).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC