Would you turn a 3.5 year old FF...

Little Ps Mama

for an 8 hour car ride (mostly interstate)? We're taking a trip to see DH's parents next month and we want to take my company vehicle that I'm allowed to use for personal use (I don't have to pay for gas) to save money. It's a Ford Fusion. DS1 already rides FF in that car very part-time in a Nautilus and RF in our primary vehicle in a MR. His leg room in the MR car had become more limited RF in the Fusion than in the van and he had started to complain about it so I turned him in that car a couple of months ago.

So what would you do, deal with the grumpiness and put him RF in the MRfor the ride, or let him sit FF in the Nauti and deal with your own personal discomfort over him being FF on the highway? :confused:

ADS

Laurelz

At that age I would be ok with ff'ing. My ods is 3.5 and ff (full time) but also on interstate car rides. I personally feel more comfortable on interstate than I do two way highways. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

krasota

Is there a reason you don't FF in the MyRide? You might want to take the MyRide so that you can flip RF if he wants to sleep more comfortably. When my son was close to four, we let him FF on some long rides so that he could watch movies more easily, but he asked to flip RF to sleep because he found it more comfortable.

ProudMommysince09

Since he is already FFing in the Fusion and has complained about lack of legroom before, I'm sure it wouldn't be a very enjoyable car ride for everyone if you would turn him back. I think at 3.5 I would be okay with it!

Little Ps Mama

Is there a reason you don't FF in the MyRide? You might want to take the MyRide so that you can flip RF if he wants to sleep more comfortably. When my son was close to four, we let him FF on some long rides so that he could watch movies more easily, but he asked to flip RF to sleep because he found it more comfortable.

Nope, no reason. I had actually considered the same scenario. :)

hrice

If it works Bette for everyone I would have no issues with a FF 3.5yo. I agree that the Myride might be better for sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bubbaray

I'd have no problem turning him in the situation you describe. Another vote for trying the MR, though (beforehand) b/c the GN isn't great for sleeping IMO.

2BunniesMommy

I would not have a problem with it. Do you think he would be more comfy in the My Ride (ffing) or the GN? I would be leaning toward the MyRide because it is probably easier to sleep in.

2BunniesMommy

I'd have no problem turning him in the situation you describe. Another vote for trying the MR, though (beforehand) b/c the GN isn't great for sleeping IMO.

I would not have a problem with it. Do you think he would be more comfy in the My Ride (ffing) or the GN? I would be leaning toward the MyRide because it is probably easier to sleep in.

Huh? Time stamp says an hour between posts, but I know I didn't read this and then repeat it. Weird! Sticking with my answer though. :confused:

Little Ps Mama

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I think we're going to start out with him RF in the MR and if he's just not happy we'll turn him for the rest of the ride. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC