Pria Arrived today --- with pics

tm4d

Well, our Pria arrived today. I really like how it fits dd and LOVE the headwings (so does she) and here are a bunch of pics in a Flickr Album...some side by side next to her True Fit for comparison and there are some of her in it and the TF for comparison too. She is 4yrs. 1mo. approximately 32 lbs. and about 38 in. tall. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to embed the photos, hopefully that link works.

Unfortunately I don't know that I'm comfortable with the RF install :( I can get it rock solid at the belt path, not a problem and I know that's the most important thing. It wobbles what I consider to be a significant amount at the front of the base of the seat though (like at the opposite end of the belt path) and even that I would probably be comfortable with to a degree BUT dd can completely change the install angle by pushing on the back of the seat with her feet :eek: The seat angle even changes some just with her weight in the seat but it's really bad if she pushes on the back of the vehicle seat even a little bit. The other thing that I can't figure out is that when I pull the harness adjuster to snug up the harness on dd this ALSO makes the seat recline further :confused: I just can't figure it out. I messed with it a TON this afternoon and can't for the life of me get it...if the belt path wasn't solid I'd at least know that was the problem but that's just not the case. *sigh* FF install went just fine with both LATCH and seatbelt but that's not the primary reason we purchased it.

I love everything else about it pretty much. It isn't quite as deep or roomy as the TF but I knew it wouldn't be. She's very comfy in it. The fabric is very thick, almost like a squishy, plush neoprene-like material? She kept saying, "I want to get in it 'cause it's SQUISHY SQUISHY!!" She's going to be sat if I have to return it I think.

ADS

StillThankful

Wow!

First, your DD is too cute:D
Second, the Pria looks like a beast--in a good way--I know that the the TF is and it looks as big or bigger than that one!
Third, it looks so plush and comfy!
Lastly, Love the SIP!

Thanks for taking the time to take and post pics! I l.O.V.E. PICS!:D

NannyMom

A trick I use to try and get rid of the fish-tailing is to stand between the carseat and the front seat. Use my body to push down the back of the seat, while tightening. Like in Defrost's avatar.

thekatie

I :love: our Pria! My son is almost 1 (this Thursday!) and maybe 20lb & no clue on height, so I really like seeing how an older kid fits, sine we bought it for ERF. Thanks for the pictures! The only time I've found the recline angle of the seat has shifted in my car was when my husband drove a friend home, and the friend jammed the front seat back so far that it actually lifted the Pria and completely altered the install - I had to redo it totally. Other than that it hasn't shifted at all.

tm4d

I love it when other people post pics, glad I could contribute with some.

NannyMom, I tried that...to no avail. About the only thing I haven't tried (to my knowledge :p, and I am no expert) is either having DH install it OR at least tag-teaming it with him since he's stronger than I am and might be able to get it just enough tighter, I dunno. I am not ready to give in to that yet LOL, I LIKE to know that I can for sure install the seat on my own.

I am about ready to concede and order a Radian and see how that goes. I just like the seats that are "styled" more like the TF I guess. DD really likes to RF and it makes me more comfortable too so I'd really like to keep her that way to 40 or 45 lbs. if I can but I know she's probably fine to be FF too if she hits the 35-lb. limit on the TF before I can find a better solution.

tm4d

Great pics! What cover is that on the TF?

I *think* it was called Urban Life. I :love: my TF's and so does DD. We have a TFP too but we seem to use this one more; I like the cover material better than our Pink Polka Dotty.

If a TF is EVER made with a higher RF limit I will buy it for DD in a heartbeat...

momtoo3

Did you try a seatbelt install rfing? In my FIL's car, I had the same issue not having a good install when it was rock solid at the beltpath. I twisted the buckle stalk 3 full twists (the most allowed) and the problem was taken care of.

tm4d

I kind of wanted the red but dd was set on the black cover for some reason :confused: Ironically when we were looking at the radian and its plethora of colors/patterns she liked Spring the best...nothing plain and borring about that! Silly girl. At least I don't think it will get too dirty. I do wish they had more colors.

momtoo3...I haven't tried the buckle stalk twisting...in all honesty I'd heard of it but never looked up what it meant or how to do it :eek: Just looked it up and found a thread with pictures - I will try that THANKS! I did try seatbelt install, just not with the twisted stalk. Overall I can get a better LATCH install but I will see what happens. FF I think I actually got a better install with the seatbelt. Soooo missing my TF lockoffs; I have that seat's install down and it's in solid in minutes.

bethng

TOTALLY OT but what is the color of your walls in the first picture? Its just what I am looking for in my bedroom :)

tm4d

Wish I could tell ya on the paint color - I have no clue...we moved into this house about 6 mos. ago and it had all been redone/repainted/re-carpeted/etc. in nice neutral colors. :)

Well...update...I tried to install again today. No-go on the buckle stalk twisting because I found out that mine don't twist. They're pretty much more "rigid" starting at the seat on up if that makes sense? I'd read on another thread about another "trick" possibly trying to unbuckle the seat belt after install, let the belt retract a click then lock again, and rebuckle (if possible) and I did get it to rebuckle, though difficult, and it was still solid at the belt bath but it still didn't help with the other movement issues.

I think between child care kiddos and my own kid I've installed/re-installed 5 separate seats this week, all with no problems whatsoever. I guess I'm going to chalk it up to something not working quite right. Ultimately I want to love the seat but I don't want something I'm going to have to fight with all the time :( It's boxed back up and ready to go.

I added a few pics to the same link above (http://www.flickr.com/photos/77578139@N02/sets/72157629506007031/)...I got the Boulevard from my in-laws van today and brought that home to see if I could make it work better in my van than it does in theirs but I don't think dd has much growing room in it RF anyway plus she still didn't have much leg room even though the install in mine was less upright than theirs. She is so scrunched in it - no way I'd want it to be an everyday seat. I'm not a huge Britax fan anyway...love how solid the seats are and how well they install but the leg room issue RF and that fact that the shells seem so short for RF stinks...we found the blvd for $122 :eek: @ Target as an online return and couldn't pass it up as a secondary seat for their vehicle.

I'm actually kind of thinking she might be close to outgrowing the blvd rear-facing? By height? I measured her torso today and it was 14.75" if that helps. I tried to include some pics of that in the last batch if anybody could take a look and lemme know what you think? I find it kind of hard to tell with the headrest in the way of the shell. She didn't look to be even close when it was in the house but in the car it looked a LOT closer to the top.

Interesting comparison shot in that last batch of the TF, BLVD, and Pria side by side on their highest slots for FF...I did raise the TF up with some books for better comparison just because it sits so much lower than the other two.

tm4d

She has a ton of room to grow by height RF in the boulevard!

Awesome thanks! It stays in the in-laws van and I was hoping so since I like to get it all set up/installed and then only check it periodically for growth, etc. They are pretty confident with it otherwise. I don't plan to keep her RF in their vehicle more than a yr. probably anyway so if she gets that out of it I'll be happy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC